XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Abarth performance engineering is legendary and the company has mainly stuck to producing performance cars, but its roots lie in motorcycling. Partnering up with Yamaha, the two companies came together to design the limited production XSR900 Abarth which is on sale right now.

Online reservations for the first 95 units out of 695 started this past Tuesday and each one will set you back £9,999. The first 95 buyers will be getting the VIP treatment at Abarth’s headquarters in Italy. And those lucky few will have a chance to test drive Abarth cars on the track and sit beside Abarth professional racing drivers for a once in a lifetime racetrack experience.

Powering the Abarth café racer is the stock liquid-cooled 850 cc 3-cylinder CP3 engine that cranks out 115 HP and 87 Nm of torque. What makes this special edition an Abarth is the plethora of aftermarket equipment including a carbon fiber front cowl, rear seat cover, low mounted handlebars, suede seat with red stitching, single round LED stoplight and a short Akrapovic titanium exhaust system.

The bike also comes complete with traction control system, assist and slipper clutch, dual front disc brakes, and Euro 4 emission regulation compliance.

Completing the package is a coat of glossy gray paint with red speed blocks and Abarth logos as well as a special plate to indicate its number in the 695-unit series.

Perhaps Yamaha and Abarth will collaborate once more in the future to produce a XSR700 Abarth. Thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally i'm not keen on that gloss grey paint scheme...... You'd have to really want the rest of the stuff, which isn't much, to pay £3K over what you can get a brand new XSR900 for.
I'd rather buy the standard XSR9 for £7K, possible even less with haggling, and custom it to my own tastes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts