XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yamaha has released images and a video of its new retro-styled production model, the XSR700. The XSR is a variation of the FZ-07 platform, a retro roadster slightly reminiscent of Ducati’s successful Scrambler. As of this writing, the XSR700 has only been announced by Yamaha Motor Europe, but we expect it will also be sold in North America; we’ll provide an update when we hear back from Yamaha Motor U.S.A.

The 2016 Yamaha XSR700 follows the “Faster Sons” philosophy that led to a concept model produced by L.A.-based designer Shinya Kimura. It pays tribute to the classic XS650 but with modern technology, including the 689cc Twin engine from the FZ-07.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My next one, If Yamaha get ABS on it with the price right. It's look like a very easy to access/modify bike that for sure will get a lot of aftermarket options.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jensen thinks they'll do it... I don't see what kind of logic they can against bringing the XSR over... bikes like the NineT found plenty of homes on this side of the puddle...

·
Registered
324 Posts
If there is a demand for it then Yamaha will start making it available to the U.S. public. I think the FZ-07 was first made available in Europe and then it was later released in the U.S. in 2014. The same could happen with the XSR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They would be crazy if they didn't! People are loving the fz 's around here. There are quite a few shiny new ones on the road all of a sudden. I think if xsr came along, these guys would be lining up to trade them in.
That being said... we see crazy all the time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
They would be crazy if they didn't! People are loving the fz 's around here. There are quite a few shiny new ones on the road all of a sudden. I think if xsr came along, these guys would be lining up to trade them in.
That being said... we see crazy all the time.
Might be because they're clearing out ones for the 2015 year model? This time of the year seems about right for that to have started.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The 2016 models are coming out soon if they are not already available so dealers are probably trying to get rid of the older models.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts