XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have now sold my 2018 XSR700 and I have a few parts left in the garage!

I would like to sell this used, modified cylinder head assembly which has been ported and polished to increase air flow & horsepower. This was taken off a Yamaha MT-07 race bike.

I was informed that the head came from a MiniTwin / SuperTwin / Twins Cup "Superbike" (some people call them FZ-07R or MTR-07) so an actual race bike!

My overall plan was to also get the bike to "mild supertwin / superbike spec" with throttle bodies bored, an exhaust (which I am also selling), DNA Stage 2 air filter and an WIZ Performance ECU flash and this would have bumped the power from 75 bhp to around 95bhp - not bad for a 689cc twin!

Cylinder head porting refers to the process of modifying the intake and exhaust ports to improve their air flow and if you are building a superbike-spec engine then a good cylinder head is the place to start.

The ports have been contoured, re-shaped and polished for good flow across the valve lift and rpm spectrum.

The original (unmodified) Yamaha catalogue part number is 1WS-11101-09 "CYLINDER HEAD ASSY with a RRP of £1,037.50 inc. VAT. The porting & polishing work would cost around £400 on its own.

I am after £250 for it, which is what I paid in early 2019.

As with all used mechanical parts, I would recommend to get it professionally checked & fitted - I am not a mechanic myself and no warranties are implied.

Pick up from London SE14 is welcomed and encouraged and I can also post.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Vincent

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts