XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share before and after pictures of your Yamaha XSR700!

Please follow the guidelines below:

• 1 picture of bike in previous state
  • 1 picture of bike in current state (taken from same angle as previous state)
  • Can be any changes to appearance or accessories etc.
Example: new exhaust/emblem/stickers/bar ends/seat/fender eliminator/headlight/pegs/mirrors

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great! I thought the Akrapovic exhaust rose higher up... would you mind letting me know which model you have?

Peace,
Syzygy
It's the Yamaha approved Akrapovic Titanium. It's on the Y-store :grin2:

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does a mock up of before and after count?
Hopefully pick up the bike soon, just waiting for the call to say it’s ready, there has been a delay in getting the Akrapovic low titanium exhaust.
Super low Renthal Bars are the first swap, and I have the short seat ready to go too, not sure if I’ll retrim it or not yet. New headlight has arrived and waiting for the new bucket. Have indicators and tail light, tail tidy bits. Organised paint, will just be when they have the time. I’ll put up pics as I go but here is the plan.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cleaned up the rear to suit the single seat
Nice man....I like it. I originally had the light under the seat too but couldn't get enough clearance for the number plate. Everytime I walk past the bike I'm trying to think up of how to make it happen. >:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheers, yeah the light is temporary, I had one of the cheap flexible strips to go on but it’s rubbish. Someone recommended TruFlex so will check them out compared to other LED options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sirtankles,

Please can you show us how you mounted the rear light/ license plate, with a single seat/ rear subframe removed.

Did you have to make a bracket or have you found a tailtidy that works without the rear subframe?? This is the look I really want, but can't work out the best way to achieve it.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a new tail light assembly now, but I still used the same universal tail tidy off eBay. I ordered two different ones to use bracket from each but one thicker aluminium one seemed to be ok. I just removed all the other bits, I have seen some places make up a splash guard but I just taped up any holes into the area with electrical bits. Just retrimmed the seat again but the sewing machine doesn’t like upholstery thread :)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
LED headlight installed with integrated indicators. New taillight/brakelight too
Fantastic looking XSR700, great job! I'd also really like to do the short tail look as imo it really tidies the bike up nicely and makes it look a little meaner at the same time. What bars are those? I saw you mention Renthal, could you post the model name or link to them please? they look great :smile2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks, they are a Renthal Low Fatbar from memory. I had them put on before I picked up the Bike as the shop was swapping the exhaust too. Rental grips too. I can try and find a model number if you need.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts