XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I found this news article talking about a Yamaha Power Tuner app; https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/february/yamaha-power-tuner-app/

Turns out you can fiddle with the timings and other tuning of your bike through a simple smartphone app. Sadly as of now this is only available for a couple of dirt bikes;
YZ250F
YZ450F
WR450F
WR450F GYTR Kit
YZ450FX

I'm really surprised by the amount of tuning they allow you to do. They say you need a wireless transmitter to couple this app to your bike, would that work on other bikes too you guess? I hope they will expand it with other models too, that would save you the cash for buying a Power Commander or similar.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I doubt this would work for anything DOT rated. Basically circumventing any legalese regarding emissions, which doesn't apply to vehicles with no blinkers or plate holders

·
Registered
222 Posts
..as Tom said, in the States there are the DOT things, in Europe you have to be E4 legal, when you drive a XSR. And I am quite sure, there is no option to manipulate the ECU. Anyhow, which parameters would you suggest to change?

So this app is for the competition bikes only. It is the same thing other manufacturers as well do. like KTM (&Husqvarna) etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts