XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Launched on November 1st, Yamaha Motor Finance Corp USA (YMUS) has a new program that will bring credit-card financing in house.

Partnering with Sioux Falls-based Total Card, Inc, their new program will replace the 20 year old financing system that was managed by various banks. TCI will be overseeing most of the finance support including application processing, customer service, back office and transactional support servicing, and inbound/outbound collections.

The application process is simple and those who qualify can receive instant approvals when shopping for a new motorcycle. Also a revolving line of credit provided by the card translates to repeat purchases. To sweeten the deal, the program offers low financing promotions with no minimum amount financed and no merchant card processing fee.

“Offering a long-term solution for a credit card program was critical to maintaining our leadership position in the powersports lending industry by providing Yamaha dealers and customers the most complete array of financing solutions,” says Jeff Young, executive vice president and COO of YMFUS.

This program can be applied Yamaha products other than motorcycles including ATV’s, Side-by-Side vehicles and Personal Watercraft. If you’re looking to finance a xsr700 then this program may be of interest to you or maybe even an ATV to go with your xsr700.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Not much of an offer, then!

Call me cynical if you like but this looks more like an opportunity for Yamaha than its punters! I can't see much difference in being fleeced by the banks or by another credit provider, even if it is 'in house'. I guess there might be a few deals but I expect the APR will still be ludicrously high. Yamaha's best strategy would be to keep their prices competitive, which they've done pretty well with the MT-07 and its derivatives like the XSR. But, if they're offering 5 years interest free....... then count me in!

Reactions: Clevs
1 - 2 of 2 Posts