XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a XTribute which has mounted that akrapovic exhaust that goes up to the rear fender. what should i say: im not that type of guy, its way to loud, the people are watching at me all the time. and im riding in germany, so its legal that way. i like the sound but not that volume. besides that fact i dont like the look. the exhausts that are mounted at the bottom are way more classy.

so, do you have any recommendation for great sound with less noise? available in germany and of course legal in germany. 馃槉 its quite difficult to find out the measured db levels and watching youtube videos doesnt make sense at all.

thank you very much

Registered
Congrats with your new bike, Blenderhead.

Before I changed the exhaust on my XSR700 I watched a lot of youtube videos comparing exhausts. It's the same engine as MT-07 and Tracer 700, so if you search for those comparisons some inspiration might come your way.

These two videos could be a good start.

I ended up with a RoadsItalia Thunder black. Looks, sound and price were well balanced :) But there are plenty of other options that are just as good.

Ride safe.

Registered
@Blenderhead

you may check if the DB killer is mounted and by a closer look that it was never removed nor 'upgraded'. Every third party exhaust will be more loud, most of them are even annoying.

Only 'quiet' ones are those two other Akra types, my preference is the two ender. With the outlet far behind your riding position it is very stress free regarding exhaust noise during riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts