XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used XSR900 handlebars on XSR700?

If so were there any fitment issues?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to get bars that reach a little higher, but mostly back farther. I like to lean back and put my feet on highway pegs ... cruisin. Anybody know of bars for that? I suppose that would require longer cables. Are those available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have made the swap (XSR900 Handlebars onto a XSR700). Very easy to do. Bars are about the same height but with a more forward leaning riding position. I think it looks better.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have also done the XSR900 bar swap. It's defiantly a worthwhile mod, makes the bike feel more sporty without aching wrists over long riding periods, it also suits the bike nicely.

Little bit fiddly with the throttle cables but you just drill a new hole in the bar for the throttle assembly and have the cables run over the top of the brake reservoir, it works perfectly that way for me, although slightly less neat than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have made the swap (XSR900 Handlebars onto a XSR700). Very easy to do. Bars are about the same height but with a more forward leaning riding position. I think it looks better.
Looks neat. Is that a single seat? And what is the tail pack thingy, please?

·
Registered
82 Posts
love that front fender. Where did you source that?

Thanks. I also changed out the front headlight and brackets. That's a sharp looking bike, well done.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I guess it's a EVOTECH Tail Tidy...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, Yamaha accessory solo seat, Yamaha accessory rear rack, and Padded Field bag from Goruck.com (small but nice to carry phone, wallet, keys, sun glasses, etc.) I'll attach a better photo of it.

Is that the 2L or 3L Goruck Field Bag? I see on their web site the 3L bag will fit 3 beer cans perfectly. :smile2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, Yamaha accessory solo seat, Yamaha accessory rear rack, and Padded Field bag from Goruck.com (small but nice to carry phone, wallet, keys, sun glasses, etc.) I'll attach a better photo of it.
This bike deserves it's own thread! So refreshing after all the "I must black out every possible part" bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi Whyart. I’m just new here. Would want to check out the XSR900 handlebars for my XSR700. Can you point me to where you got yours? Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts