XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd kill two birds with one stone here.

So firstly the 900, has anyone viewed the 900 and thought hmm should have got that one? I test rode a mt09 a month ago and the power/stopping power was awesome. The thing i didnt like was the triples sound compared to the twin, and the look of the mt09 in general.

I popped in my dealer the other day and saw the 900 and tho the power is tempting i still think the 700 looks better.

The main thing i like about the 900 is the bars and gauge are so better. Anyone had any thoughts of gauge relocation or changing the bars? I was thinking about renthals but i think swapping the bars out might make the bike uncomfortable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm considering an LSL x1 handlebar along with a cafe race fairing, could be something like this:

As you can see, the gauge it's been realocated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I lloked the XSR900 on Saturday and agree the bars look much better than the 7oo.. I have ordered some cheap ones to see if I like the look..if they dont work then I may well order some 900 bars from the dealer...If my cheap ones are any good Iwill put up some pics and details...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm considering an LSL x1 handlebar along with a cafe race fairing, could be something like this:

As you can see, the gauge it's been realocated.

Those look really nice! seeing there £34 here it is tempting to get some, Tho i guess i'd need to wait for a relocating bracket? The profile looks so better with those bars

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you sure that they are the right diameter in the clamps? I can only find standard 22mm bars at that price, but the XSR700 has fat bar clamps which I ( hope) are 28mm and they are then up to £125 for LSL ... happy to be corrected if I can get some at your price....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm also sure that our handlebars are 28mm at the center and 22mm on final parts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My new bars arrived today and I fitted them this evening...still got a couple of bits to do such as get some bar ends that fit and drill a small hole to take the pin on the RH switchgear mount...but they are on and look and feel so much nicer than the standard bars.i will take a picture when I've finished and it's daylight...

In the meantime , here is a link to the bars...the black finish is identical to the Yamaha bars and the quality seems fine to me...
£25.99 plus postage makes them a real cheap alternative ...
http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/tech-bar-muscle-bar-black-alloy.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are they 28mm tapering to 22mm. It does not say on the link.
There's a lot of cable and hoses on the original bars, does it all fit ok with shorter bars? Or do you really need to shorten them?

pics would be great when you are finished. I would like to fit some on my bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are they 28mm tapering to 22mm. It does not say on the link.
There's a lot of cable and hoses on the original bars, does it all fit ok with shorter bars? Or do you really need to shorten them?

pics would be great when you are finished. I would like to fit some on my bike.
Yes they are fat bars that taper... To be honest it's very tight getting everything on...ideally the ends of the bars need threading to accept the Yamaha bar ends as this will give an extra half inch each side...I'm going to try this, but if it's still tight I might try some KTM adventure bars that a mate has offered me...

From a looks point of view these ones are much nicer than standard and I like the new lower riding position, but as they are the lever positions are compromised...give me a few days to sort before parting with any money :)

·
Registered
48 Posts

In the end I went for the KTM Adventure bars ...slightly higher than the Tech7s and more room for the controls...had to spray them satin black, so while I was at it I sprayed the radiator side covers...very pleased with the end result

1 - 18 of 18 Posts