XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just picked up a new XSR700 (starter kit) on Friday and i already have a list of upgrades on order to make my own. I live in Central Florida, I'm 65 years old and have been riding sense i was 10. I plan on building my version of a cafe racer. I look forward to sharing ideas and riding with local riders.

Registered
Very cool and congrats on the new purchase! I don't have one yet, but I am curious as to how customizable these bikes really are. I know Yamaha claims they have a lot, but most of the builds I've seen still look very 'xsr700'. Can't wait to see your project though, and keep us posted!

My current bike is a Royal Enfield 500 AVL that I've built into somewhat of a 'Brat' Scrambler. Too bad it's more wrenching than riding these days, thus the possible XSR pickup in the near future 馃檪

Registered
Doesn't make me feel good but I'm 66 and have been riding for 50 years this year. If you had told me 6 months ago I would be riding this 'wheelie' machine (see YouTube), I would have laughed. A chance test ride on a mt07 and then the xsr I was smitten. The weight, engine and the style makes it a bike I've really gelled with. 馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.