XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thoughts, and correct me if I am wrong:

So if i am buying an xsr700, and know for sure that for starters, I will mainly change the tyres for a better grip, get a more comfortable seat, relocate the speedometer, invert gauge LCD mod and get a radiator protector ---- doesn't this justify opting for an xtribute instead?? because most probably those mods will cost more than the price difference between the xsr & xtribute and they aren't even the manufacturer's parts (OEM)

what do you think??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Good choice with buying an XSR700. :)

I chose the Xtribute for some of the reasons you listed. The colour scheme (tank and wheels) and the XT500 retro look did it for me.

Besides those things you mentioned, the Xtribute also differs in the follwoing:
  • Wider handlebar
  • Grips
  • Rougher foot pegs
  • Fork gaiters
  • Tires (Pirelli MT60RS) which you mentioned, but an important improvement compared to Phantom.

I managed to negotiate a small discount when bying the bike, so it ended up being an obvoius choice to get the Xtribute.

Good luck and ride safe

·
Registered
113 Posts
I first owned a "normal" green metallic XSR but when I saw the Xtribute I fell in love with her :love:
I guess it will be cheaper to buy a Xtribute and probably the Xtribute will have a higher residial value...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi! @hombacher I have updated my first post!

For me in the end the XSR700 felt like a more comfortable bike than the Xtribute. At the beginning I was thinking about the Xtribute.
In the end I prefered the seat of XSR700. Unfortunately I couldn't ride the XTribute though...
So my decision was based just on the super feeling I had with the XSR700, plus the fact that I liked the black version more than the others.

Now I ordered the XSR700 in black and I am looking so much forward to it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mod'ing your bike is for you and only you, do it at your own pace(keep the oem parts though) and if truth be told mod'ing is one of the most rewarding thing about having a bike( outside of perfect rides).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mod'ing your bike is for you and only you, do it at your own pace(keep the oem parts though) and if truth be told mod'ing is one of the most rewarding thing about having a bike( outside of perfect rides).
For this bike in particular that is so true. Some bikes less is more. That new Harley Sportster S coming out, maybe a lower pipe, maybe nothing. The Kawi Z900RS cafe? I would not do much to change the look.....maybe a tail tidy different tail, definitely shorty adjustable levers.

The upcoming XSR900? Seeing the new MT09 I think they finally got the indicators right. Maybe just a tail tidy (seems necessary on the Yamaha naked bikes). Shorty adjustable levers, yes.

Our bike has a nice aesthetic, but I needed the cannon headlight to be softened by a flyscreen or replaced altogether. The pumpkin indicators I liked at first and then didn't. The Yamaha bumper removed (seems to be some sort of legality to have that giant bumper as OEM). Painting the side covers and covering the radiator? Had to, it looked terrible.

I have enjoyed modding this bike, but next bike would like to do less. But each there own, some people it's a passion. Some of these major builds on this site are really nice. For me, I felt each change was to help me ride better (levers), protect the bike (sliders), and to fix the appearance (everything else). But I didn't do it as a passion and just didn't get the bug to do it more :) . I wouldn't have gotten the ideas I liked best without seeing what other people are doing on here, and I have appreciated that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts