XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find anything on when Yamaha plan to update the XSR700. I'm aware that the '21 MT07 was updated, so I'm curious as to when the XSR will get some of the same upgrades, before I decide on a new bike. Anybody got a guess on whether it will be '22, '23, or beyond?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think there was a tread somewhere about this.
If my memory is correct some updates has been done to the XSR like the new rear damper. And off course the new exhaust to meet restrictions.
But any updates to the exterior/design I never seen. Maybe this arent the plan since the XSR often is seen as a base for people to do style mods anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there some particular reason to wait? What upgrades are you waiting? AFAIK mt-07 got very small changes and most of them were already put on XSR700 too. At least here in Europe. Things like the motor changes, new cat, new tires, new brake discs. Rest of the mt-07 2021 changes were tiny.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was going off the model descriptions, on the Yamaha USA site. The details for the MT07 list the engine changes, etc., but none are noted in the XSR700 description. As far as timing goes, just doing my research, to see if there is reason to wait.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was going off the model descriptions, on the Yamaha USA site. The details for the MT07 list the engine changes, etc., but none are noted in the XSR700 description. As far as timing goes, just doing my research, to see if there is reason to wait.
Yes, AFAIK US did not get all the changes. The EU5 laws were the main driver for upgrade in EU, so I guess they just dumped the old stock in US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did the XSR 900 get updated in the EU? It hasn't in North America. I'm still happy with the 700, but I get a wandering eye sometimes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts