XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slightly overdue but promised write up and bracket pics for the Powerbronze screen.

In testament to the screen?s looks & functionality I?ve had it on the bike for about 3 weeks and during that time I?ve had no desire to remove it.

For sure I prefer the ?naked bike? but from a looks perspective I?m pretty pleased from all but a few angles and in comparison to other manufactureres I especially like how the gap between the headlight and screen is minimal.

To provide a functionality A/B comparison I removed the screen from bike yesterday in order to take the bracket pics. It took less than 5 mins to remove and a part you can fit depending on the type of ride.

Functionality of the screen is great, it provides decent wind protection and it?s most noticeable up to about 50-65mph. Screen is 30cm from top of screen to top of headlight. Is connected via 2x stock headlight bolts and will only tilt back so far. If pushed forward it is stable up to motorway speed but will over time tilt back (barely noticable, and can be pushed forward again while riding).

Initial tests with and without the screen at 65mph+ and it?s difficult to tell much difference but I did note less chest pressure and less need to lean forward. I found a tendency to ride an extra 5-10mph faster with the screen (although it could just have been the day/mood).

No doubt having the screen will be less fatiguing on longer rides but don?t get me wrong even with the screen ?77mph? motorway driving is still awful!

Yesterday I was reminded by how effective the screen was during the first ride without and I?d forgotten how much more fun no screen can be :D

That said, ive just ridden home on a damp windy day and am thinking, **** i should put that screen back on ;)

Lol, dunno if that helps at all. One thing is for sure, it wasnt cheapest option.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Thanks for posting pics - there's no doubt it's a good looking screen and it has to be more effective than the Yamaha accessory screen. Two things bother me though - that bracket looks like it could scratch the headlamp surround and, as you say, the single point fixing to the headlamp mount will inevitably result in the screen being pushed backwards at higher speeds. It's a pity that Powerbronze don't supply a bike specific bracket which uses two fixing points and has a bit more clearance from the headlamp surround. That would be perfect!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics with dimensions attached. Its roughly 30 long by 29 wide. Hold a piece of A4 paper atop the headlight and you'll get a rough feel for size. It doesn't get in eyeline.

Just checked and no scratches on the bracket or headlamp. For sure if mounted more vertical it will slowly slide back at higher speed. But agree an L shape mount may have been better.

Mounted at correct angle it rests on headlight bracket and cannot tilt back any further. Only pic i have of it on bike is with screen pushed forward hence when pushed back to correct position it looks slightly better, dare i say more cool and aero :)

(Apols for the question marks instead of apostrophie in prior post. Think it may have been copying from email to myself and post from ios).

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts