XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thanks for letting me join this forum. I have just taken delivery of a 2016 XSR 700 60th Anniversary edition and look forward to becoming an active member of this great forum. I am based in Middlesbrough, north East England. My last 2 bikes were a MK1 Versys 650 (great bike but a bit heavy, probably the inspiration for the MT and XSR range) and a Kawasaki W800 (lovely quality, grunty but a bit boring). My new bike has the stainless under slung Akro, flat seat and small wind deflector but will also be getting the Givi rack and soft bag rails which have just been ordered. I will add further posts as I get to know the bike, all the best, Martin

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi onslowe and welcome to xsr700 ownership I'm sure you are going to enjoy the bike.
You may remember me as flying V from the versys forum and the two rallies I attended Moffat and the following year Wales.
I do change my forum name to one that suits the bike. The versys boys are undoubtedly the best group of Lads I have met on a internet forum and I check in every day should be doing the hawes rally this year.
My xsr700 came with the hi level akra and is a joy to listen too.
Many happy safe miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iron Giant, nice to see you here and thanks for the welcome. I was also at Moffat, just checked the group photo but didn't see you on it, I was hiding at the back as usual. Hopefully I will make it to Hawes next year. As you say the Versys gents are some of the best and it's impossible to leave the forum banter behind no matter what bike you are riding. Take care, Onslowe

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cannot remember the group photo at Moffat... I'm defo group photo at the dam in Wales.
Put 2 k on my xsr now and very little to report once you have a decent pipe, I have seen yours on versys forum the bike is excellent.
I have learnt a little like were the switched live socket hides behind rectifier.
I too had the flat seat but brought the single seat from a forum member.
There is always another bike! At the NEC yesterday I spotted a new W800 which I believe you are a fan of.
I'm sure these xsr's we have acquired will make us look super cool at hawes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts