XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, thought i best write a quick reveiw.

I recently purchased and have subsequently sent back and received refund for the Gilles Tooling sprocket cover.

Pics attached to make up your own mind but for my money i was not impressed with the fit (or price). For sure a quality well machined piece but heavier than stock plastic part and it left the bike exposed and drain pipes hanging out.

I had hoped for an improvement that looked bettter than plastic. For me it wasnt the case.

(Worth noting i have the gilles tooling MT07 black pillion pegs and really impressed with those).

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Got to agree, that looks terrible.

Would have thought Gilles Tooling would do better, given their extortionate pricing.
(They seem to be in some sort of 'rip-off' competition against Rizoma.)

·
Registered
591 Posts
This is a prime example that all that is different isn't always better. Over the years I've seen a lot of products that are sold as "custom" parts that actually have less usefulness than the stock part. More than likely there will be customers who see it differently though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good call on sending that back; I can only imagine what they charged for that. I totally agree with the Rizoma analogy; their metal presses and cnc machines must run on unobtanium.

·
Super Moderator
680 Posts
There are an awful lot of over priced baubles out there. Seems like the word 'billet' sets the cash tills running into overdrive. Perhaps accessory manufacturers have a sense of humour and enjoy a play on the word! The Touratech catalogue is always a good source of entertainment - tantalising desirability but all too often at an eye-watering price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts