XSR 700 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and reading back logs of threads just for information.

I know this thread had been started a while ago , however i was wondering if you could give a idea for the fork gators and covers for the xsr700.

I live in Malta and my xsr700 is currently the only mc here as the Yamaha agent has only the contract to get the 900 which for Malta is not really great .. especially for everyday commenting. I wanted a bike to ride not not keep in the garage all week and maybe take it out on a weekend. :)

margo :)
I also live on an island (Madeira) and this was exactly my thinking: XSR700 is very versatile. You can use to commute, and for long rides in the weekend. The only drawback is finding a nice top case to fit the bike style.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price of the MT/FZ07 parts from the USA are way cheaper than in Europe, even after adding on shipping.

So, well done for producing a solution, which might well be cheaper for those who pay very high import duties / shipping from the USA.
Shipping to Slovenia is 44.99 $ :surprise:
Do you have any better idea for cheaper delivery across Europe?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I might be a bit biased, as I have the 'official' MT-07 fork covers fitted to my own XSR700, but while these look pretty good, I think the Yamaha part ties in somewhat better, as the thickness and finish of the material they use better matches the diameter and general aesthetic of the lower fork legs and brace.
what year covers did you use? does it matter??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Today 7/7 I received the items by postal so took them 11days to deliver to Netherlands....thats fast enough for me

used the small black tie rap

I used a small black tie-rap for the space at the top...okay its shinny but beter then the little chrome space

And that for just arround USD 25,= incl. shipment.

Looks beefy i think.

list of what you ordered?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over 2 years later and this post is still paying dividends! I just ordered the MT07 parts for $32.45 total with shipping in USA.

Unfortunately, I dont have a jack or garage space with overhead beams, so I plan to see if my dealer can install these along with the gaiters at my upcoming 4000 mile maintenance.

Will try to remember some before/afters.

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't understand the tie wrap... why not go to a hardware store and buy a couple black O-rings to take up the space? Heck, might even find a square cross section O-ring to fill the gap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi guys!

I would like thank all of you for the superb hint. I was really confused about the price for cover here in Latvia - 76.76 EUR

So I order covers from partzilla at real part price - 4.82$ :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Robraz, these don't require you to dismantle the forks.. I've seen few people on this forum and others actually do that and take the wheel off.. its right mess.. I don't understand why..

I just put mine on from above.. It literally took 15 minutes.. You just loosen up few bolts, take off the whole top mount, slide covers on and put everything back on and you're done.
I was thinking the same, why remove all the fork when you can just mount from the top? I’ve got the gaiters installed so I just need the top bits from the fz07 to complete the look.

going to order the parts from partzilla, very cheap.

Any guide on how to mount these from the top? Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, never mind partzilla doesn’t ship to Europe at the moment due to the virus.
Just one cover in Europe costa 100quid that is ridiculous, almost 300 quid if you want the same parts that you get for about 60dollars inc shipping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve decided to vinyl wrap the top bit instead, sorry for the quick replies to my own messages.

A quick video on what you need and how it turns out. I like it and a lot easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay, never mind partzilla doesn’t ship to Europe at the moment due to the virus.
Just one cover in Europe costa 100quid that is ridiculous, almost 300 quid if you want the same parts that you get for about 60dollars inc shipping.
I was lucky since I ordered them on 15th of April and they managed to ship them however I haven't received them yet :)

·
Registered
2018 XSR700, 2009 Yamaha R6
254 Posts
Hey Robraz, these don't require you to dismantle the forks.. I've seen few people on this forum and others actually do that and take the wheel off.. its right mess.. I don't understand why..

I just put mine on from above.. It literally took 15 minutes.. You just loosen up few bolts, take off the whole top mount, slide covers on and put everything back on and you're done.
How did you get to the middle triple bolt? Seems the tank is in the way to access it and I don’t feel like removing the entire tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yeah I’m really confused as to why the wheel and everything needs to come off when you can only slide it all on from the top. I’ve got the pieces and will be wanting to put them on in the next week. Did you put both the gaiters and fork covers on by just removing the top bolts and sliding the forks down? Any more tips for doing it this way? Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey All,

Love the installs everyone is doing with these. I just got my covers, o-rings, and rivers from Partzilla today. I am still not sure exactly where the o-ring and rivets go. In looking at the picture and reading the comments it seems your all saying it goes at the bottom of the fork cover? And I have no idea about the rivets.

I’m still new to all this stuff so if anyone has an install video or something it would be super helpful. Thanks!

41 - 60 of 82 Posts