1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
588 Posts
The fact that you can't just buy the parts is what makes the bike unique.

The seat can be fabricated from 12 gauge metal and upholstered by a local car upholsterer. Some searching on line can locate the mini-tail light turn signals. The plate mount made with same metal as the seat.

Improvise, experiment and learn. The most rewarding thing is when someone looks at your bike and asks, "where did you get that?" And you say, "I made it." :D (y)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree with the above statement with one caveat. Do you plan on keeping the bike or will there be another bike in your not so far away future? Most dealers and independent buyers prefer stock or nearly stock bikes when they buy. If your plans include going to a bigger or simply different bike, you might want to keep your modding to a point where you can return it to stock or close to stock for selling or trade. That seat you reference looks like a butt buster to me and it may not be practical for anyone who rides more than just a few miles. That kind of thing can be a turn-off to a new buyer. I only had my XSR 700 about a year or so when I traded it for a Z900RS and I got a darned good price for it because I kept it pretty close to stock and kept all the original parts that I replaced with non OEM parts. The dealer only had the XSR about a week when he was able to sell it. That's the kind of rapport I want to have with my dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts