XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Not long purchased my XSR and yesterday I parked up the bike in my garden. This morning I tried to wheel it out onto the road and it was so difficult to push. It feels like the breaks are permanently on. It’s still covered with warranty but it will cost me to get it delivered to a main Yamaha dealer to resolve this issue. So I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction into finding a simple solution. Has anyone ever experienced this issue?
Thanks Mungo

·
Super Moderator
747 Posts
Did it rain overnight: brake pads sticking/superficial rust on discs? Mine stick sometimes (even in my garage) if it's been humid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm getting something similar to Tigerjohn i suspect its the front brake pads grabbing onto the disks after the bike has been in the garage overnight, slightly annoying but they always break free

could possibly be due to all the detritus on UK roads at this time of year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply guys. initially I thought the pads were sticking and I have just checked and the back tyre is flat!!! Never thought of checking as I have never had a puncture before. Thanks Domster

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flat tire cost

Has anyone experienced a puncture on their XRS700? What is an acceptable cost of repair?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Some tyre manufacturers say you can repair them, within certain criteria, others have a blanket no, IIRC it cost me about £20 to have a tyre professionally repaired on a bike a couple of years ago. That was on a removed from bike wheel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i had a nail through the rear tyre on the first day i got my XSR700 it was right in the middle of the tread so was repairable it cost me £35 🤬 being lazy i let them take the wheel off the bike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for your reply guys. initially I thought the pads were sticking and I have just checked and the back tyre is flat!!! Never thought of checking as I have never had a puncture before. Thanks Domster
Had exactly that experience after coming home from holiday; massive shard of metal wrecked the tyre :frown2: Hope yours can be fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts