XSR 700 Forums banner

Would you be seriously interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear (XSR) XTribute owners, I am not happy with my Speedometer bracket... although I like its placement and design of the bracket to what it is attached I can't place a flyscreen.

The solution I have to this is that a LaserCut company in my hometown could very easily make a drawing of the original and tweak it a little so the speedometer will be placed a little more to the center (just enough) to be able to fit a Dart/Puig etc. Flyscreen.

Idea is to tweak as less as possible from the original but just enough...

I also want to make it out of a little less thick INOX instead of the 5mm Alu now used. I'm aiming for 3mm INOX (the offshore RVS variant) this saves the Powdercoat. Furthermore, I might in the center laser cut the XSR logo (the original has the Yamaha logo in it)

As "one-off" the prices will go towards €60,- with multiple the price drops significantly!
I'm willing to share the 3d drawings I'm going to make with this company of the final product.

Whos in for something like this? (I'm gonna make myself one anyway)

So if you look at the picture below it's a remake of the bracket (using the same bolts and holes) but then with the speedometer 2,5cm to the left, (so still off-center) and in INOX and laser engraved XSR logo at the spot where you see the Yahama logo now

·
Registered
249 Posts
Did you already check the available solutions and their position in combination with a fly screen? Such as LSL?

What I do not see is, that you will offer a solution for all screens, so it is very specific again. More neutral would be a bracket in the center, but there are already some solutions available.

Anyhow, good luck with your project, you will us keep updated, will you?

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The issue with the available brackets what I have seen until now do not cover the XTRIBUTE empty space when you take of the original one. I just checked with 3 of my friend owning a "normal" xsr and the setup is so different that a "normal" fitting bracket from gilles in example would not come close as a fit for a xtribute.

The bracket I will create covers up for removing the original xtribute bracket. Something other do not do.

I looked for your LSL but same issue arises here: it does a bad job in replacing the original xtribute bracket. And that is a must need. (Only option would be also ordering the original cover bridge and then use a Giles or lsl one... But that I do not want)

My creation will perfectly fit with the normal xsr it will though replace that silver bridge with the xsr logo.

Keep you posted, will upload the drawing

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yamaha designers suck at speedo placement !
I disliked the standard XSR location, and I think they did even worse with the Xtribute.
I made one that is most similar to the Brogue version.
It's offset like the Xtribute, but not so darn forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts