XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Trace isn't smooth. Did trace with CorelDRAW using what looked like the best image I could find. The image I had apparently was a graphic that was scanned. I ran into this all the time when doing laser engraving, what looks nice and straight isn't. So I did the thing in vectors in Corel, but not quite done.

Registered
Hi folks,

has anyone the XSR logo (like the attached one) in vector graphic?

Regards,
Matt
Matt,

See the attachments. One has rounded interior letters which I think is closer to the actual logo. I did this in Adobe Illustrator, I also have the SVG file but can't attach it here.. Let me know if you need/want it adjusted. What are you making?

Derek

Attachments

Registered
XSR700, 2022 - Heritage White
Matt,

See the attachments. One has rounded interior letters which I think is closer to the actual logo. I did this in Adobe Illustrator, I also have the SVG file but can't attach it here.. Let me know if you need/want it adjusted. What are you making?

Derek
This is really handy. Thanks for doing this. Hope the OP gets use out of it.

Registered
FWIW. I opened the PDFs in CorelDRAW, the graphics program used by my local sign printer for a long time and myself for the past thirty years from when I started with laser engraving. They are really clean, very straight lines. Often .jpg, .png, and .pdf files can be of poor quality. The lines look straight but often times are not. From looking at the first .pdf in vector form, there was only one node on one line that could be deleted, all the corners were a single node, the straight lines direct from one corner point to another. Bad quality will have multiple nodes along the lines, making edges that may not be straight and may not appear to be straight if enlarged, like maybe a giant XSR to cover over the "tank" area for an intereting graphic.

Definitely quality and if anyone uses them there should be very little to no "art fee" for the printing of that graphic. All they have to do is set the physical size you want and set up the cutting borders depending on whether the design is cut or if it is printed. I will say if the sticker is to be clear coated or have a clear film on it, it should be printed, which uses a really thin clear film. I've used it on a number of designs like side cover stickers. That is the kind of thing the OEM multi color stickers usually are. The cut design may or may not be thicker. Definitely recommend you talk with the sticker printer to see what will work best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts