XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

From AU, yesterday I replaced my stock pipe with SC Conic 70s. Few concerns:

1. I couldn't get my O2 sensor to unclamp. So went with just twisting. I am worried that my twisting might've damaged it.

2. My SC pipe is touching on the screw at the bottom. Is that expected? I spend hours trying to somehow not touch it but no matter what I did It will come back to the same place.

I haven't started the bike yet. Has anyone experienced the same and if yes, anything I should prepare for?

Thanks.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Muffler Exhaust system
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Muffler Exhaust system

·
Registered
39 Posts
1, Overly twisted wires is never good, might work now and fail later or if youre lucky last forever.
2, You should be able to mount and get clearance, this might rub and damage your exhaust and also transfer heat from pipe to oil sump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the tips. I ended up finding a way to get the O2 to unclamp.
For the exhausts, I'll try to loosen the mount and push it down. I'll see how I go.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I guess I cheated when I put my header on. I held the sensor and turned the collector on it, wires un-twisted, then tightening it some. Then slid the collector on the head pipes and finished tightening the sensor. Wasn't bright enough to trace the wiring up to a connector.

I'd think you could flex things around after connecting the retainer springs, then tighten things down and see if there is still contact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I cheated when I put my header on. I held the sensor and turned the collector on it, wires un-twisted, then tightening it some. Then slid the collector on the head pipes and finished tightening the sensor. Wasn't bright enough to trace the wiring up to a connector.

I'd think you could flex things around after connecting the retainer springs, then tighten things down and see if there is still contact.
Thanks man, I will definitely get to it. Will post an update soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts