XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had the chance to take her up to one of Austria's most spectacular High Alpine Roads, the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße.

My favorite ride so far, the huge amounts of snow this past winter made it even more memorable:

Not a single complaint about the bike, still believe she handles the twisties better than many bigger rides!

Cheers and have a good weekend everyone :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

Your observations regarding handling are right. Do not know if you already swapped the OEM Pirellis. If not you can prepare for an other increase in easy and lightweight handling. Keep on rinding and showing your nice little vids.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @hombacher, I switched to a set of Michelin Road 5 early this spring and as you said, it made a big difference. Handling improved and they are much more confidence inspiring, especially when the roads are still a bit cold!

To be fair, I bought the bike (with stock Pirellis) with 6k km on it, so I didn't know if the Phantoms were performing much better when they were new but I've had quite a few slips until I finally change them around 10k, should've done it earlier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Rawberry, thanks, much appreciated! This also was a first for me but will definitely get back there next year. Think I picked a good day, should get pretty crowded up there in summer.

Note: The (motorcycle) toll for this road is a hefty 27,50€

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently had the chance to take her up to one of Austria's most spectacular High Alpine Roads, the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße.

My favorite ride so far, the huge amounts of snow this past winter made it even more memorable:

Not a single complaint about the bike, still believe she handles the twisties better than many bigger rides!

Cheers and have a good weekend everyone :)
Nice videos! i can’t wait to go the alps with my xsr!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts