XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m introducing my xsr I have been working on for the past few months. It is still in work process but needs time to think about what I’m going to do exactly. I have been doing the parts myself with fiberglass and epoxy résine. Lots of fun on this bike that has so much potential as a custom bike. Maybe one of the best recent bike for custom. Still need to change the headlight but haven’t found the perfect one yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for sharing man, your bike looks awesome. Whereabouts are you from? Looks like you've got the perfect roads for riding. It looks like you’ve done some other mods as well. How are you finding that exhaust? Be sure to keep us updated on your build and good luck with finding a new headlight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone. I’m keeping you guys updated on new mod I made. Since as I said on another topic I was looking for headlight but couldn’t find, I decided to build one myself. I’m not sure about the look though. And now need to find a way to insert turn light somewhere. The number of cables there is on this bike is crazy (especially behind the headlight).

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Impressive mods !
Cool bike ;)

Put the turn signals around the radiator

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for your feedbacks.
Well unfortunately I fell with the bike about a month ago. No excuse, I went way too fast and lean the bike too quick that the front wheel lost grip.
This is how I ****** up my right mirror, my brakes lever/pedal (both), but most importantly my sc project exhaust and the tank, as you can see on pictures attached.
Anyway I’m not gonna do insurance cause they’ll f*** me afterward. I figured I can fix exhaust by myself (only carbon end-piece is damage) but I never used carbon before. And Sc Project doesn’t sell parts. Only the entire line (800€)...

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
...nice handmade custom works!

For the carbon end-piece, I do not know if you need a vacuum chamber to finish the homegrown work. Otherwise it is fiberglass with the look of carbon, only?

Anyhow, thats a pity with grounding you bike. And a real pain, that SC does not sell parts only of the complete system. Maybe you will have a chance with grinding and painting to rework the end-piece?
Or build something from metal?

With the tank covers, somebody who is familiar car body repair may help you to remove these dents?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve been looking for fake sc projects parts but can’t find this exact one. I just keep looking online for used silencer. It’s the cheapest option I have.
For the tank it is not that bad. I already had projects to repaint it (sides and middle). Just little bit of mastic and it’s like nothing happened. I just didn’t find the paint I want yet.
I work as painter on yachts so I have all equipment and a painting room.
Well the bike is loosing a lot of value I know that, but I’m not seeking to sell it anyway.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Too bad you had the spill but it could be a whole lot worse if you had bent the frame and/or wheels or smashed up the engine cases. If nothing else it gives you the opportunity to reexamine the reason for the incident in the first place. These kind of experiences are what makes us better riders. You might even decide to rework the whole thing and create a new look. History is part of who we are no matter how much we wish we could have changed things.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm with Flyerdon on this one. I had an off the day after Christmas; it was a combination of bad judgement and wet leaves. At any rate, I wont make that mental error again, and I figured I would update the bike and trick it out a bit. I'll post up my updates when i'm done. I was lucky on my off, physically, also, so no harm no foul, eh. The benefit of riding atgatt. I like the custom glass work you've done. I do a good bit of kayaking and work with glass a bit also, but not anywhere near your level.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I figured I can fix exhaust by myself (only carbon end-piece is damage) but I never used carbon before. And Sc Project doesn’t sell parts. Only the entire line (800€)...
You seem to be handy with fibreglassing so using carbon cloth should come natural to you.
I often use glass and carbon but it's all hand laid and no vacuum pumps: it looks OK as long as the top coat is clean.
The trick is keeping the weave of the cloth smooth and not let it snag when contouring something.
The other bit you have to keep in mind is that carbon works best with epoxy resin but you need to find one that is UV stabilized or it will yellow over time and then became chalky (white). If you are careful you can simply just repair the damaged area of the exhaust tip and it will be barely visible that there is a seam/repair.
BTW that carbon on your SCP pipe is purely cosmetic, no structural duty, so you can repair/change it any way you want :smile2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts