XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three test rides and 200 miles of ownership....so I thought I'd share a few thoughts for those who might be tempted. I think Yamaha have nailed the looks - the bike is a great blend of 'old' and new. It doesn't try to hide its modern engine (unlike Triumph) but manages a retro look which works well. The riders view is great - I love the lines of the tank, neat round speedo and extended headlamp nacelle - Freud would no doubt have some thoughts on it! Gearbox is super slick and riding position gives a great view of the scenery. Wind flow is obviously present but not unpleasant - this isn't a bike for long motorway trips (best avoided on any bike). On quiet back roads it's fantastic - responsive engine that's happy to 'bimble' but responds when the hooligan temptation takes over. Lots of mid range torque and a satisfying exhaust note, if a bit quiet. Seat firm but not uncomfortable. Criticism....horn button is far too near indicators. That's all I can fault. Tempted? Go for it - it's a great bike for £6k. A work of art.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts