XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I'm going to be commuting on my XSR all year round - I'm committed to the point of have gotten rid of my car, so it's happening!

So I need to winterproof the bike as best as possible to prevent any corrosion creeping in... anyone got any tips on products to use etc...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Decided I'm going to be commuting on my XSR all year round - I'm committed to the point of have gotten rid of my car, so it's happening!

So I need to winterproof the bike as best as possible to prevent any corrosion creeping in... anyone got any tips on products to use etc...

Cheers
Google Dinitrol products , i used their 'Corroheat 4010' on my Radiators when i had my Porsche 911. it's high temperature proof and like a clear wax, i found it good stuff:smile2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what I found…

Thanks, if it's good enough for a 911 I guess it's good enough for the xsr! I'll check it out.

I did a bit of looking around and found a couple of other products kept popping up on other forums, in case anyone's interested:

Scottoiler FS 365

ACF50 - lot of people seem to swear by this stuff.

Colonite 845 - this ones a wax, so I guess best
for tank & wheels.

Either way i think it's worth doing to keep the bike free from all the winter gunk.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Definitely is always good to protect them. Winter is extremely brutal on everything so every layer of protection you can have adds up and counts a ton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts