XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the 60th anniversary (yellow and black) model didn’t get released here in Australia to my disappointment!
I absolutely love this colour scheme and want to get my panels painted up like this
I’m asking a massive favour??? Could anyone with this bike please please take some detailed pics of the tank side panels for me holding a 12” rule or tape measure next to it so I can work out dimensions
My painter says he’d need this info to get stencils made up for the ladder design on side
It would be massively appreciated
Thanks in advance (and in hope)
Ross

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I have the 60th anniversary and can of course send you a couple of pics. Is it only the height and length of the grid you need?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, yeah mate that would be amazing, basically would like pics showing the dimensions of the stripes / ladder graphics and their position on the side panel
If you could post here or alternatively flick me an email to [email protected] I would be very grateful
Much appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sûre about how much the paint job is going to cost you, but there is brand new 60 anniversary panel to sell for 500 euro in French eBay.
You might be interested in acquiring them...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sure, I can do that. Being based in Norway we don't use inches, but I think I have a ruler with inches on it somewhere. I'll send you the photos either tonight or tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey mate, thank you very much, doesn’t need to be in inches, cm is also fine!! Really appreciate it!
Do you put your bike away for a few months during the Norwegian winter? We are very lucky here in Australia that we can ride all year!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Rosslidd,

Found a ruler with inches and sent you some pictures. Let me know if you need anymore! Yeah, sadly I have to put it away until March/April before I can ride again. The Norwegian winter is harsh, with up to 6 feet of snow and -4 F.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, when I bought my black XSR700 in September (in Ireland) I talked the dealer into selling me the tank panels from the anniversary edition. You can buy them as spare parts through any yamaha dealer but they are pretty expensive.

The dealer gave me a 40% discount on them and even then they cost me about 600 euro. I love how they look though and I'm really glad I bought them. I also still have the original black panels as spares (although I suspect I could get a few hundred on ebay for them if I decided to sell them).

It's worth talking to your dealer if you bought the bike new to see if they will do you a deal.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So, when I bought my black XSR700 in September (in Ireland) I talked the dealer into selling me the tank panels from the anniversary edition. You can buy them as spare parts through any yamaha dealer but they are pretty expensive.

The dealer gave me a 40% discount on them and even then they cost me about 600 euro. I love how they look though and I'm really glad I bought them. I also still have the original black panels as spares (although I suspect I could get a few hundred on ebay for them if I decided to sell them).

It's worth talking to your dealer if you bought the bike new to see if they will do you a deal.

I'd be interested in those Black tank panels and would pay a fair price.
Let me know by PM or email me at [email protected] (obviously replacing the MYUSERNAME part).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts