XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although the pics are less than clear, they show the wheel stripes I put on during a snow storm case of boredom. Stripes are from Moto inkz.com and these are the GP3 version

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I'm quite impressed with how good they came out. Just think they don't mesh with the tank color.
My objective was to be colorful coming into an intersection more than matching the color of the tank, which is quite dark at night and those wheels show up like fireworks when a car at 90 degrees is coming at it. In the last couple years we have had three people killed on bikes when they got T-boned because the car didn't see them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Excellent point, I didn't realize they were high viz colors, thought the orange was intentional going for the honda repsol look. I've been thinking about adding reflective stripes to the wheels for the same reason, and this just solidified that decision. Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These particular kits look pretty slick but they are a lot more complicated than most other kits that come in sets of four pieces per side, per wheel. These were, I believe, sixteen pieces per side, per wheel so it took a while to do. I normally just put them on with the wheels on the bike but for these I removed the wheels so there wasn't anything in the way. Plus, it was about 2 degrees F when I did them in January and there's no way they'd stick at that temp. They also have some tire lettering that can be personalized but it is pricey and from what I gather, it can't be re-used so each new tire would need new lettering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts