XSR 700 Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

Well. dang. Here I was having already completely convinced myself that the 700 was all I would ever need here in Norway. Oh but that blue and gold just sings to me!

This could time nicely with my master plan to "sell" my 700 (limited to 34kw) to my son in 3 years... I would have to get myself a new bike then, of course... :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well. dang. Here I was having already completely convinced myself that the 700 was all I would ever need here in Norway. Oh but that blue and gold just sings to me!

This could time nicely with my master plan to "sell" my 700 (limited to 34kw) to my son in 3 years... I would have to get myself a new bike then, of course... :)
Hi @flyor64 can you explain the 34kw limit as it pertains to this gas powered bike? I'm afraid I don't understand. I tried researching before asking. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi @flyor64 can you explain the 34kw limit as it pertains to this gas powered bike? I'm afraid I don't understand. I tried researching before asking. Thanks.
In Norway there are 3 classes of motorcycle: lightweight, middleweight, and heavy. There are age and experience limits to when one can get each license. Each class of bike is limited as follows. Lightweights cannot exceed 125cc, and the limit is based on the motor size.

Middleweight bikes are power-based and can be any size motor but can not generate more than 35kw or roughly 48hp. I had a small typo above when I wrote 34kw. If you see a bike marked A2 when it’s for sale in Norway, this means it’s middleweight.

Heavies can do/be whatever.

Newer bikes, like the XSR, can be chipped in order to limit the power output to 34kw/49hp. And then one simply has to re-register the bike with the authorities and my son would be able to use it as a middleweight if/when he decides to go up a class :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
In Norway there are 3 classes of motorcycle: lightweight, middleweight, and heavy. There are age and experience limits to when one can get each license. Each class of bike is limited as follows. Lightweights cannot exceed 125cc, and the limit is based on the motor size.

Middleweight bikes are power-based and can be any size motor but can not generate more than 35kw or roughly 48hp. I had a small typo above when I wrote 34kw. If you see a bike marked A2 when it’s for sale in Norway, this means it’s middleweight.

Heavies can do/be whatever.

Newer bikes, like the XSR, can be chipped in order to limit the power output to 34kw/49hp. And then one simply has to re-register the bike with the authorities and my son would be able to use it as a middleweight if/when he decides to go up a class :)
Thank you for the education. I thought there might be energy limits but it is learner and age limits, gotcha. Thanks.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts