XSR 700 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, I'd probably stick with the XSR700...though a Motoguzzi V7iii Special is calling pretty loudly at the moment!
I am a Guzzi man, and have restored and had a few over the years, just waiting on a T3 that has been stored for a few, (20) years, the guy is humming and hawing about selling. Best buy was my £75 Mk1 Le Mans write off, which had managed the usual spit back through the carbs, go on fire trick. I restored it from scratch way back in the '90s', here is a link to my 1000S which I restored and sold on , it was a keeper but I got a daft offer from someone who had bought a couple of bikes from me before.

MOTO GUZZI 1000S last day - YouTube

they are a strange breed the Guzzi's but once you have an affinity you are hooked.
The V7 is a lovely bike, but Tigerjohn, I would hold on, as I believe Guzzi are bringing out a Roadster later this year with an uprated engine from the V80TT, it's an 850, which is lovely, may just be tempted myself, but for the moment the XSR does it for me.

·
Super Moderator
694 Posts
Reckon that new 850 Guzzi V7 in blue (pictured above) is the prettiest bike I've seen for a long time.
And, yep, the new CB350RS (rather than the daft named H'ness version) has jumped to the top of my wish list too.

Reactions: Mav617

·
Registered
16 Posts
Reckon that new 850 Guzzi V7 in blue (pictured above) is the prettiest bike I've seen for a long time.
Without try to sound like I am making a daft statement, it's probably because the Guzzi looks like a motorcycle should, big, obvious engine, nice big tank and head light!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice to see the v7 guzzi get a bump with the 850. Hoping the v9 gets a 998. If the v7 was named for its 749cc engine then should it not be the v8 now? :) and maybe the v9 can truly earn the 9.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What's next? xsr900 in Spring 2023. The redesign. Or z900rs if it gets the lean sensitive abs the xsr will get. Or a pre-owned 2022 indian ftr with 17 inch front/back. Whatever the choice, next bike a bit bigger and with lean sensitive abs and not until 2023.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Liking the Guzzi, but am very tempted to get a Triumph Street triple, in a year or so and retain the little 390 Duke for commuting, at which its been superb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
love that we all appear to be guzzi fans. i'm quite excited for whatever that mystery roadster is. i'm still going to be on my P plates until early 2023 so i have all the time in the world. but it is looking like the probable upgraded 900 or that guzzi could be it for me!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts