XSR 700 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, I'd probably stick with the XSR700...though a Motoguzzi V7iii Special is calling pretty loudly at the moment!
I am a Guzzi man, and have restored and had a few over the years, just waiting on a T3 that has been stored for a few, (20) years, the guy is humming and hawing about selling. Best buy was my £75 Mk1 Le Mans write off, which had managed the usual spit back through the carbs, go on fire trick. I restored it from scratch way back in the '90s', here is a link to my 1000S which I restored and sold on , it was a keeper but I got a daft offer from someone who had bought a couple of bikes from me before.

MOTO GUZZI 1000S last day - YouTube

they are a strange breed the Guzzi's but once you have an affinity you are hooked.
The V7 is a lovely bike, but Tigerjohn, I would hold on, as I believe Guzzi are bringing out a Roadster later this year with an uprated engine from the V80TT, it's an 850, which is lovely, may just be tempted myself, but for the moment the XSR does it for me.

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
Reckon that new 850 Guzzi V7 in blue (pictured above) is the prettiest bike I've seen for a long time.
And, yep, the new CB350RS (rather than the daft named H'ness version) has jumped to the top of my wish list too.

Reactions: Mav617

·
Registered
385 Posts
What's next? xsr900 in Spring 2023. The redesign. Or z900rs if it gets the lean sensitive abs the xsr will get. Or a pre-owned 2022 indian ftr with 17 inch front/back. Whatever the choice, next bike a bit bigger and with lean sensitive abs and not until 2023.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Liking the Guzzi, but am very tempted to get a Triumph Street triple, in a year or so and retain the little 390 Duke for commuting, at which its been superb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
love that we all appear to be guzzi fans. i'm quite excited for whatever that mystery roadster is. i'm still going to be on my P plates until early 2023 so i have all the time in the world. but it is looking like the probable upgraded 900 or that guzzi could be it for me!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yamaha did something, what they more or less do everytime. In maximum a few rumors, but finally out of the blue, a new, bike, new model or variation.

After early Aprilia RS660 buyers run back to their dealers for the second or third recall, last one shoves new riders to a complete engine swap o_O Maybe there is a good thing not being always the fastest.

It feels like Yamaha America was the driving force, they presented a R7. Already finished to show in the flesh and to offer test rides. Very appropriately chosen with a track day for the press as well.
Here in Europe we had an update on the Yamaha country pages, for Germany they do not even show a price tag. But, I am a little tending to this little spawn of a CP2. For sure no changes regarding the power. But other nice and convenient changes. The front fork as an USD version with radial mounted calipers and a radial master. A full faring, a little lifted seat height and a nice more sporty rear sets. There will be an optional quick shifter for upshifting and a anti hopping clutch already installed.
This all is nice to read on the paper. First test riders told about a very nice spin on the track. I know, I do not need a R6 performance. I even peed myself last time, when a race R1 warmed up next to me during my last track days last month. The CP2 engine will welcome me with confident and known power delivery. I am curious, and patient enough, even it will become winter, when the first R7 will arrive here?

But I tend to make some room in the garage for an other spot...

·
Registered
550 Posts
What's next? xsr900 in Spring 2023. The redesign. Or z900rs if it gets the lean sensitive abs the xsr will get. Or a pre-owned 2022 indian ftr with 17 inch front/back. Whatever the choice, next bike a bit bigger and with lean sensitive abs and not until 2023.
Here you go: XSR900 - motorcycles - Yamaha Motor

What is about the US, as well a Sarron colour scheme launched?

At all, not sure if with the first XSR900 there was some more nice looking, more conventional and conservative optics, which looked much more familiar.
New 2022 XSR is a bit too much 80s superbike. Maybe just trying to fill the gap of a big naked bike, which the XJR left open? Ups, forgot, XJR never made it over the pont.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here you go: XSR900 - motorcycles - Yamaha Motor

What is about the US, as well a Sarron colour scheme launched?

At all, not sure if with the first XSR900 there was some more nice looking, more conventional and conservative optics, which looked much more familiar.
New 2022 XSR is a bit too much 80s superbike. Maybe just trying to fill the gap of a big naked bike, which the XJR left open? Ups, forgot, XJR never made it over the pont.
Thank you hombacher! I have been patiently waiting.

I think it looks great.

And it's exactly what we all thought, the new mt09, 6 axis IMU and everything. Not sure if this model is exactly what we will get as far as turn signals and hand levers (Yamaha slaps huge turn signals and hand levers on their US models) but I think everything else!

This is amazing, so psyched, probably have to wait until Spring 2023, but that means I get a one year old leftover for less $.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hard to distinct these anymore, MT-09:
View attachment 26768
XSR900 (ugly seat, nicer front light and mirrors, ugly tank):

The previous model had some character at least, XSR900 (old model):
View attachment 26771
The best looking by far (XSR700):
View attachment 26770
well, can't have everything. The hand levers look way better, turn signals hidden, literally just needs a tail tidy and mods are done. Front fender even chopped. If I want the pure retro aesthetic the Triumph Speed Twin or Duc Scrambler 1100 is available, but if I don't mind neo retro 80's-ish UJM style, and better performance this is good to go. Less $ too. I kinda hope the model is divisive though, so dealers will be sitting on some in Fall 2022 and get it for XSR700 MSRP prices like the last 900. When I was shopping out for the 700 I could have had the 900 for the same price. Glad with my decision then, but if that happens again the new 900 has just too much to offer to make that make sense.

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
Not sure that the new XSR900 really captures the retro concept with its angular tank and sculpted seat.
But, on the other hand, the Kawasaki Z650RS......

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Wow! Seriously wow!

Reactions: dan1

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not sure that the new XSR900 really captures the retro concept with its angular tank and sculpted seat.
But, on the other hand, the Kawasaki Z650RS......

View attachment 26773
Wow! Seriously wow!
Never been a better time for modern retros. I do think the XSR700 will get a redesign in 2023, and looking at the 900 it's probably going to get the 80's treatment with better suspension and more tech. That or it's going to be discontinued. It can't live without the MT07 and that's getting long in the tooth. Expecting a new MT07 and xsr in same year 2023, 2024?. That Kawi is going to take away sales and using me as a litmus the 900 is also going to.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts