XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some led front indicators but the original ones are so hulky I'm not sure what will fit in the space left by them.

What indicators have you fitted? Did they fit ok?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ignore this, I ordered some adapters now and some LED indicators.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ignore this, I ordered some adapters now and some LED indicators.
Which adapters?
I bought some from barracuda and hope they will fit together with the blinkers I bought from Aliexpress. I'm waiting for them to arrive by post.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered the ones from Rizoma. The code for the Rizoma ones are FR212B if anyone is interested. I'm sure you can get cheaper ones on eBay but I wasn't sure which ones will fit, looking at the Rizoma guide they use the same ones on the MT07, 09, XSR700, 900, R6, FZ6 and a few more bikes.

I'll let you know how they fit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered the ones from Rizoma. The code for the Rizoma ones are FR212B if anyone is interested. I'm sure you can get cheaper ones on eBay but I wasn't sure which ones will fit, looking at the Rizoma guide they use the same ones on the MT07, 09, XSR700, 900, R6, FZ6 and a few more bikes.

I'll let you know how they fit.
And do they fit?

Today I received mine. Haven't had the chance to take them to my bike yet, but from first sight I'm doubting if they will fit.
I bought these: https://www.barracudamoto.nl/kit-attacchi-frecce-universali.html
And then selected Yamaha.
They said Yamaha older than 2002 should pick kawasaki so I didn't but now I'm starting to think I should have done that...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Today I received mine. Haven't had the chance to take them to my bike yet, but from first sight I'm doubting if they will fit.
Hi Jack,
I have decided to change my indicators too, when you will mount the adapters can you post some pict about it, please?

OverVolt

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And do they fit?

I bought these: https://www.barracudamoto.nl/kit-attacchi-frecce-universali.html
And then selected Yamaha.
They said Yamaha older than 2002 should pick kawasaki so I didn't but now I'm starting to think I should have done that...
Hello mate,

I couldn't say yet. They got delivered yesterday so not had a chance to really look at it yet. It will be a few days before I get a chance as I am working over the weekend. Once I get them on I'll let you know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I've had a chance to fit the adaptors. They are the right shape but are slightly too big to fit in the recess on the rear of the bracket so I will have to file them down a little to get them in properly.

If anyone is looking to get some just get the cheap ones from eBay. I think the ones for the MT07, R6 etc all fit. Don't waste your money on the Rizoma ones.

I don't have time to fit the indicators today but once I get them in I'll upload some pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Jack,
nice job, but I have a question for you: why the blinker has three wires? You can use it like light (front light and rear light)?

OverVolt

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn't connect the 3rd cable.
Apparently on American bikes, Harley especially, indicators can also behave like breaking light and that's why the 3rd cable is for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts