XSR 700 Forums banner
721 - 724 of 724 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed K-Tech Razor R shock. Hopefully to stop the bounce and improve the ride quality.

I use an Abbastand, this drops the rear suspension to its lowest point so I use some wood to take the weight off the shock securing bolts so they slide in/out easily.

All done, with Powerbronze rear hugger refitted.

Is it better? I have only done one short ride and haven't checked sag or even if the settings are where K-Tech recommend. This will be the third rear shock I have installed over the years and past experience has told me it will be better but not: "wow, that's incredible". I also told myself that next time I will do the forks first in the hope of finding that "wow", but here we are! I will probably go ahead and do the forks later.

The shock is length adjustable and I can shorten it by about 4mm which, if I understand it would drop the seat height by about 25mm (can't remember where I read that though, so take it with a pinch of salt). I'm vertically challenged (as in: short) so I may experiment later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gilles speedo relocation.
A bit more of a ballache than I was expecting, what with my sausage fingers and all. Will take it for a spin later once most of the heat has burned off the day.
Motorcycle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Failed fitting an Xitomer rad guard. Just would not fit - one of the tabs was fouling the side cover mount hole so none of the Xitomer mount holes could line up. Will have to bite the bullet and buy an Evotech
Also worked out why the solo seat is less comfortable for me.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

The actual sitting area is a different shape to the stock seat, which is wider. As a gentleman with a fuller figure, I need the extra width. I bought the solo seat new in anticipation before I even took delivery of the bike and as I rode it for 30 miles I couldn't in good consciense return it as "new". I guess I'll be sending it out for complete makeover and trying to ignore the expense!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Radiator guard and Denali Soundbomb Mini fitted.
Not satisfied with the Soundbomb location - I wanted it facing right but it fouled the rad side cover. This is a compromise until I get a patch lead and relocate it. The sound is something else!
Rad guard is great - UK made and half the price of the big boys. Fit perfectly.
Vehicle Tire Grille Wheel Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle Automotive tire

721 - 724 of 724 Posts