XSR 700 Forums banner
681 - 700 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is the result after installing all the parts I have bought this month.

SC Project exhaust
Gilles Tooling speed holder
Tommaselli Clip ons
JBV front fender
Mini Led indicators
Renthal Grips
Man i really hope you're still active in the group. How did you fit the clip ons with the stock headlight brackets? Can you show me some pictures? I got some clip ons and the gilles speedo holder from your post. But the clip ons clamp seem to be interfering with the stock headlight brackets. I'll really appreciate the help, thank you

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
30 Posts
I went for a 250-mile ride in the country, got 195 miles out of a tank and 61mpg. It’s great when there aren’t any stoplights around!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went for a 250-mile ride in the country, got 195 miles out of a tank and 61mpg. It’s great when there aren’t any stoplights around!
how ?

there is no way I can do that on mine , the most I managed to get out of that tank is 270 km which is 167 miles and that includes scarry 50 km on reserve ;o

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
30 Posts
how ?

there is no way I can do that on mine , the most I managed to get out of that tank is 270 km which is 167 miles and that includes scarry 50 km on reserve ;o
I don’t ride real hard. Usually about 10mph above the speed limit on country roads. Long sweeping turns and very little stopping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Three goodies showed up today, headstock stand to lift weight off the forks. 20 weight fork oil to increase the damping and preload adjusting caps to up the stiffness. The preload caps are about a cm longer than stock even at their softest setting and were a pain to get screwed in fighting the spring. Almost all the static sag is gone, which had me worried, but it’s where it should be when I’m on the bike. Went for a quick rip up the road to the local ski hill. Lots of twisties and quite a few sections of rough pavement. It handles so much better now for my 100+kg mass (225 lbs).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Classic look here.
Headlight guard /grill
18 Euro from china (Amazon) Had to cut a little and drill holes. Excatly the look I was after now, but will have to remove it everytime to clean the headlight for bugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my xsr for a couple of months now and done over 3,000 miles.
I've just had the original tyres replaced with a set of Dunlop Mutants, I haven't had them long enough to pass judgement yet, but I will in due course.

I've made a memory foam seat pad and fitted it under a 3d mesh seat cover.

I've also fitted a 12v power socket with USB chargers in a side bag which also has a puncture repair kit, digital pressure gauge and a mini compressor.

I kept the Givi tank bag from my Honda nc750x and it fits great on the xsr, and I'd definitely recommend this to anyone else.
The base with the clip straps fit nicely under the centre panel on the fuel tank and it looks a lot better than those universal tank bags with straps going all over the place.

My next job is to work out how to fit decent sized soft panniers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my xsr for a couple of months now and done over 3,000 miles.
I've just had the original tyres replaced with a set of Dunlop Mutants, I haven't had them long enough to pass judgement yet, but I will in due course.

I've made a memory foam seat pad and fitted it under a 3d mesh seat cover.

I've also fitted a 12v power socket with USB chargers in a side bag which also has a puncture repair kit, digital pressure gauge and a mini compressor.

I kept the Givi tank bag from my Honda nc750x and it fits great on the xsr, and I'd definitely recommend this to anyone else.
The base with the clip straps fit nicely under the centre panel on the fuel tank and it looks a lot better than those universal tank bags with straps going all over the place.

My next job is to work out how to fit decent sized soft panniers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Today was a productive day. 🏍💨

I changed the following:
  • shock to an Öhlins YA419. Feels firmer, but I need more riding to adjust it properly.
  • brake pads to SBS 634HS Sinter. Definitely has more bite.
  • 12v USB charger connected to the AUX. No more powerbank in the pocket and cabel hanging in the wind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I mounted Shad brand pannier racks to my bike even though I’m not using their luggage. I liked how small and subtle they are. They don’t interfere with a passenger sitting behind you either.
I zip-tied Giant Loop possible bags to the mounts. One to hold tools and the other is for medical supplies. I carry a full “bleeder” kit and a separate basic boo-boo kit.
My bike setup is more for an urban adventure than pure speed and sport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got around to putting in TST Captive Chain Adjusters with spools ... because you would figure this bike would have spools on them already 🤦‍♂️

Simple and straightforward install. Will make bike maintenance a breeze now. Also, adjusted my chain - so much slack.

At the same time I put in Kemitmoto bard end mirrors:

I have to make some minor adjustments for full lock-to-lock but overall looks much better than the OEM mirror setup, much better.

On hand are some new sintered pads and currently am in search of fork gaiters. Anyone got any leads in the US for a good set? I ordered the OEM joints but they are backordered until god knows when. Appreciate any leads. Getting antsy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got around to putting in TST Captive Chain Adjusters with spools ... because you would figure this bike would have spools on them already 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 26569

Simple and straightforward install. Will make bike maintenance a breeze now. Also, adjusted my chain - so much slack.

At the same time I put in Kemitmoto bard end mirrors:

View attachment 26570

I have to make some minor adjustments for full lock-to-lock but overall looks much better than the OEM mirror setup, much better.

On hand are some new sintered pads and currently am in search of fork gaiters. Anyone got any leads in the US for a good set? I ordered the OEM joints but they are backordered until god knows when. Appreciate any leads. Getting antsy.
I heard these will work

but don't hold me to it.

681 - 700 of 711 Posts