XSR 700 Forums banner

681 - 688 of 688 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is the result after installing all the parts I have bought this month.

SC Project exhaust
Gilles Tooling speed holder
Tommaselli Clip ons
JBV front fender
Mini Led indicators
Renthal Grips
Man i really hope you're still active in the group. How did you fit the clip ons with the stock headlight brackets? Can you show me some pictures? I got some clip ons and the gilles speedo holder from your post. But the clip ons clamp seem to be interfering with the stock headlight brackets. I'll really appreciate the help, thank you

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
22 Posts
I went for a 250-mile ride in the country, got 195 miles out of a tank and 61mpg. It’s great when there aren’t any stoplights around!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went for a 250-mile ride in the country, got 195 miles out of a tank and 61mpg. It’s great when there aren’t any stoplights around!
how ?

there is no way I can do that on mine , the most I managed to get out of that tank is 270 km which is 167 miles and that includes scarry 50 km on reserve ;o

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
22 Posts
how ?

there is no way I can do that on mine , the most I managed to get out of that tank is 270 km which is 167 miles and that includes scarry 50 km on reserve ;o
I don’t ride real hard. Usually about 10mph above the speed limit on country roads. Long sweeping turns and very little stopping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Three goodies showed up today, headstock stand to lift weight off the forks. 20 weight fork oil to increase the damping and preload adjusting caps to up the stiffness. The preload caps are about a cm longer than stock even at their softest setting and were a pain to get screwed in fighting the spring. Almost all the static sag is gone, which had me worried, but it’s where it should be when I’m on the bike. Went for a quick rip up the road to the local ski hill. Lots of twisties and quite a few sections of rough pavement. It handles so much better now for my 100+kg mass (225 lbs).

681 - 688 of 688 Posts