XSR 700 Forums banner
661 - 680 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
today I mostly...
matt blacked the headlight bezel
and test fit the twin horns, a high note and a low note, but have to take them off to paint them.
I did make a custom bracket for the horns out of 3mm steel, turns out that’s too stiff to let the horns resonate properly so they sounded like a lame duck, ended up using the original mounts and they’re loud as fuck now 🙉 😁

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello XSR700 community, here are the mods i've done in order :

• Mod 0 : Removed db killers from the existing akrapovic dual exhaust
  • Speedo rellocation and LCD flip
  • Installed NewRageMotorcycle lights & plate support
  • Swapped handlebars with Hurricane Fat Swallows
  • Installed barends + barend mirrors from Highsider and changed grips
@cityhippie @hombacher thank you for your help on the forum !

Overall extremely happy with the new look and feel, putting an emphasis on the aggressive "neo-retro" café racer style

Below some photos retracing the evolutions of the mods along with my XSR final form :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello XSR700 community, here are the mods i've done in order :

• Mod 0 : Removed db killers from the existing akrapovic dual exhaust
  • Speedo rellocation and LCD flip
  • Installed NewRageMotorcycle lights & plate support
  • Swapped handlebars with Hurricane Fat Swallows
  • Installed barends + barend mirrors from Highsider and changed grips
@cityhippie @hombacher thank you for your help on the forum !

Overall extremely happy with the new look and feel, putting an emphasis on the aggressive "neo-retro" café racer style

Below some photos retracing the evolutions of the mods along with my XSR final form :)

View attachment 25817 View attachment 25818 View attachment 25819 View attachment 25820

View attachment 25821 View attachment 25822

View attachment 25824

·
Registered
352 Posts
Been taking a 30 mile lunch break loop. Got my 4th one in of this new season. Weather in Upstate NY has been 60's, hit 70 today degrees Fahrenheit. This next week will be colder but still about 55 degrees a day. Oh, I washed my bike today first. Last week cleaned and lubed the chain. Confirmed chain is still aligned from last season and tension is still right from my last check. Bought more chain cleaner and lube and I will do it more often this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Ryk0z Nice rear look!

Is this the support you bought?

They say it's plug and play, is it really that easy? :D
I still got the stock support plate, but I'm using the longer saddle (for better comfort for the passenger), so I'm not sure this one would fit on mine.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I rode it before I had to mow the lawn and before it rained. Looks like it's going to rain out the season opener flat track races about an hour south of me. I was hoping to ride to them, then it was drive to them, now it's hope the rain blows over before morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Ryk0z Nice rear look!

Is this the support you bought?

They say it's plug and play, is it really that easy? :D
I still got the stock support plate, but I'm using the longer saddle (for better comfort for the passenger), so I'm not sure this one would fit on mine.
Hello ! Thanks for the compliment, this very one indeed :)

I don’t know about the longer saddle, but what I can tell you is that from stock it’s really plug&play. I am as amateur as it gets in this area, and my biggest difficulty when swapping the rear was unscrewing some really tight bolts and making holes in the plate & plate support (due to lack of proper tools)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello ! Thanks for the compliment, this very one indeed :)

I don’t know about the longer saddle, but what I can tell you is that from stock it’s really plug&play. I am as amateur as it gets in this area, and my biggest difficulty when swapping the rear was unscrewing some really tight bolts and making holes in the plate & plate support (due to lack of proper tools)
Thanks for your answer!
It's a tough choice as I love the look with this LED, but I also like the current rear light that stays in the XSR style 🤐 But the stock fender is definitely too big with the original blinkers.

Ps: Do you have a public IG where you showcase your XSR?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your answer!
It's a tough choice as I love the look with this LED, but I also like the current rear light that stays in the XSR style 🤐 But the stock fender is definitely too big with the original blinkers.

Ps: Do you have a public IG where you showcase your XSR?
Yes ! @oliver.nprt :)

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
27 Posts
I added a bungee net to the tank thanks to inspiration from gnarlydog. thumbscrews replace the original bolts, and support the tension of the shock cord. Small fabric loops keep the cord from slipping off the thumbscrews even when a small bag is placed under the net.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Standard shock off, replaced by a YSS unit. Hopefully its as much an improvement as changing the fork oil, cutting spacers and putting KTech fork springs and preload adjusters made to the front end.

661 - 680 of 698 Posts