XSR 700 Forums banner

621 - 635 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
In theory, it's easy. Open up the speedometer, peel off the original polarizing film, clean up the glue residue, put a new film on it.
In reality, i struggled a lot with the glue residue (1/2 hour with brake cleaner, alcohol had no effect at all) and i failed with the new film, so now i have two visible spots with air bubbles in them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed the JVB Speedo bracket, it was easy enough but you only have to reroute the kabel insert.
I removed the front end to easily reroute it to the correct side.

After that I had enough room to put the quadlock phone holder!

The speedo kabel runs underneath the huge EU key mechanism.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fitted a new Motobatt battery, love these. My 2018 model needed its first MOT next month so now its all clean of salt and all the commuting gear is moved off it, I took it in today. Bit worried re the number plate (small but apparently legal) and the loud to my ears Black Widow it sailed through, no advisories so all good for another 12 months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it really black ? It seems a little "blue" ...
they look black in real life but do have a dark blue tint to them, if you get it wrong it can look brown, you have to be precise when fitting the new polariser. I used iPad Pro polarising film and took me 2 attempts to get it right, have also done my MT09

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is what should be rolling out of my little shop in about a month. This was roughly "photo shopped" in the designing process of what I wanted and have nearly completed.

The 900 headlight shell is fitted with prototype mounts (1/4 hard board for test fit), new mounts need cut, turn signals on the front need done, paint or wrap on the flat track tail, which interchanges with the stock and solo saddles, and striping is printed to be added shortly. Just want to be different... The pipe has excellent tone without being too loud... but if I run it for over 30 seconds or so it sets off the CO monitor in the shop. Two cigars will set off the fire alarm, too, so I know I'm safe in the shop.

It's a half dozen cigars and a couple weekends/evenings away from completion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Collected the tank covers from the wrappers this afternoon - I adore it! Orginal plan was to have Yamaha decals on, but I think I'll leave it as is!

Also fitted the LED indicators last week! Next up mirrors and new tyres.

621 - 635 of 635 Posts