XSR 700 Forums banner

601 - 608 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great part was that only about a quarter of it was on flat blah roads near home.

Once about 40 miles east it was good stuff. We did Ohio SR229 across from roughly Delaware east to US36 then to Ohio SR751 north to Stonecreek, then some general roads to my friend's place in New Philadelphia. We did Ohio SR39 from New Phila to Ohio SR212 and over to Leesville to hit the marvelous Ohio SR164. Going over and back for lunch, then some back roads out of New Philadelphia to Stonecreek to catch Ohio SR751 again the other way, then the jog over to Coshoction to catch Ohio SR541 to Martinsburg and from there a somewhat boring ride home on a variety of straight blah roads.

A quick google of those mentioned routes 164, 541, and 751 will show the roads taken. No elevation change unfortunately, because that's some of the beauty of those east Ohio routes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally put on the fork gaiters. (Yes, I need black zip ties) Wrapped the upper tube section black to match.

Made my own bracket to relocate the speedo on top the bars. Didn't like most of the brands I've seen online as they offset the speedo to the side. Little tricky to get the key in, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after some practice.

Found an old universal fuel pump bracket that I used to cover up the rear brake fluid reservoir.
20200802_164342.jpg

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went for short ride and drove it like it was stolen. Did check all the nuts and bolts and did walk around.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Replaced Dart Piranha flyscreen with Yamaha Genuine micro cowl flyscreen. I love it. The dart was nice, this is way nicer. I can see why it costs $50 more. The piranha is the same for every bike, just different brackets for different bikes. This micro cowl is made for the xsr700 the brackets and screen.

Attachments

601 - 608 of 608 Posts