XSR 700 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

The R6 throttle tube should be a better way to WFO but not so sure these 1980s Chernobyl-Approved grips are gonna be a hit with the Harley crowd.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looked at it in the garage. It’s raining. Need to somehow fix the plastic wrap. The more i look at it the more it looks like piss. Also the side panels. Ugh.

·
Registered
105 Posts
rode 29 miles yesterday. 72 degrees blue skies in Upstate New York. Weather looking the same today. Hoping to get back out on my lunch break hour.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took the XSR700 out after work for a quick ride around the valley to see if the Gilles instrument cluster relocator made a significant difference. It does, much improved over the stock placement of the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Took the XSR700 out after work for a quick ride around the valley to see if the Gilles instrument cluster relocator made a significant difference. It does, much improved over the stock placement of the instrument cluster. View attachment 24378
love the look of your bike. I went evo on my tail, keeping the fender, and still like the OEM head light. I can see that if you remove the rear fender you really got to change out the OEM head light for something smaller. I've seen that super small tail on other builds with the OEM head light and it doesn't look right. But on yours it flows from tip to "tail".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rode 34 miles today on my lunch break. A big loop to the wine store with 78 degrees Fahrenheit blue skies in Upstate NY. Big rural open roads with some massive straightaways, small twisted roads with all cambers, and a highway for good measure. Now ready to do some home improvements and relax over a long weekend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Been on the lookout for a new chain guard and managed to get one from Urbano Bruno finally, with a small rear fender mod as well for a good price. Can't wait to install.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Installed an R6 throttle tube. The Motion Pro tube I felt was not much improvement over the OEM, but the R6 is a BIG difference. It’s cheap and EZ to do. A must-have modification in my book.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I pulled the seat off of my XSR to take out the 4mm allen wrench, because I was too lazy to go from the garage to my shop to get one. I used it to reattach the grass bag holder on my 33 year old Honda HR173 lawn mower. A rivet came out some time ago, it was just time to fix it before the other side broke. So my Yamaha helped out my Honda and saved me a bit of effort... cool!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Installed an R6 throttle tube. The Motion Pro tube I felt was not much improvement over the OEM, but the R6 is a BIG difference. It’s cheap and EZ to do. A must-have modification in my book.
Hey can you please provide with a link where you got it from? I am having hard time to find the right one. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
62 Posts

Or your local dealer can order it.

Hey can you please provide with a link where you got it from? I am having hard time to find the right one. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
193 Posts
My first bashplate failed when I hit a boulder embedded in the paddock putting a hole in my sump. Major drama recovering the bike in a remote area with no phone reception :cautious:

I realize that my effort was more bling than function so I have now built the same style but with a decent amount of Kevlar (5 layers) and a layer of steel in the lamination as well.
It's not really worthy of enduro riding conditions but neither are my skills :rolleyes:
Will see if this one does the job for a while...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Over the past week....
-Tyres- swapped to Michelin Road 5’s. The phantoms were toast, balding by 4000 miles and these had 4600 to finish. First time doing them myself. Really not a bad job just takes some practice. Definitely heat them up before mounting/unmounting. The rear is easy, a nice burnout 😎
+ Fork covers from the Fz/Mt07. Really brings the front end together.
-removed Brogue fender eliminator
+added cheap amazon fender eliminator that keeps the stock tail light. I like it better.
+added an SAE USB charger to the handlebars to keep my phone charged.
+T6 oil and filter change with some Lucas oil synthetic stabilizer.

Attachments

561 - 580 of 598 Posts