XSR 700 Forums banner

541 - 560 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
New Dart windscreen

Finally got my Dart windscreen. Seemed like it got hung up in Chicago forever. I've put on a lot of wind screens and I have to say the dart went on like they are all supposed to. The screws all fit exactly like they were supposed to without any pushing, pulling or twisting. The quality is top notch. It seems a bit pricey until you get it and put it on. Like the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
soldered up a usb lead so i can keep the mobile phone charged while using android voice guided navigation through a bluetooth intercom

just need to plug it into the aux dc connector so the power is cut when the ignition is turned off, fix the charger under the seat, then route the phones usb lead into my tail bag

glass of kraken Rum in the pic is just for scale >:)

£4 for the yamaha aux dc plug £11 for the usb charger

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
soldered up a usb lead so i can keep the mobile phone charged while using android voice guided navigation through a bluetooth intercom

just need to plug it into the aux dc connector so the power is cut when the ignition is turned off, fix the charger under the seat, then route the phones usb lead into my tail bag

glass of kraken Rum in the pic is just for scale >:)

£4 for the yamaha aux dc plug £11 for the usb charger
I did something similar (but yours looks like a nicer unit, with inline fuse). The expensive part was getting the aux plug (from UK with shipping to Australia). Mine sits all under the cavity between tank and side panels with the USB plug sitting up front. I had to fabricate a waterproof cover for it coz the supplied one was ghetto :frown2:
Yours is a much classier product

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cheers mucker. I think the aux dc connector is factory fused so probably no worries for you, the inline fuse that came with my usb charger is probably redundant. Why cut it off though I just left it on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cheers mucker. I think the aux dc connector is factory fused so probably no worries for you, the inline fuse that came with my usb charger is probably redundant. Why cut it off though I just left it on.
yes, it is fused and I did pop it when was setting up the aux plug for the USB charger and bare wires touched the frame with engine running...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I actually pulled the bike out of the shed where it's been since I got back from winter in AZ and took it for about a 70 mile ride, pretty much freezing my rear end off. Then, to punish myself a bit more I got the Moto Guzzi out for another 25 miles. Please, Summer, get here early this year. Between the Virus and the crappy weather, everyone is going nuts. I see people shoveling snow from banks just so they have something to do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Over the weekend I was able to get out for a "mental health" ride, riding alone and avoiding other people. But I did make a stop at the Space & Rocket Center, which was closed and the parking lot completely empty.
IMG_20200418_134142317_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20200418_134406187_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20200418_134214594_HDR~3.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
haven't been going out recently. starting and running every so often to get the oil moving and keep charge in the battery
unwisely spent money on some renthal fatbar street lows and a classic dart flyscreen in dark tint. realised i didn't get any bar ends to use with the renthals and now unsure what to do regarding that
should get around to installing my centre stand but never really feel like it as there seems to always be someone mowing the lawn at any point in the day
have this picture i took standing on a pile of palings set to become firewood

Attachments

541 - 560 of 598 Posts