XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a lowside yesterday. Combination of wet leaves and a bad decision. Good news is I walked away with just a bruised hip. I’ll need a new helmet, too. All my gear did what it was supposed to do. Now to the bike damage. My slider did its job and saved a lot of damage from occurring. I highly recommend putting some on your bike. There would have been an extensive amount of body damage had I not put sliders on. My left side headlight bracket must have hit. It bent the tabs it is attached to and pulled it out of the headlight bucket cracking it. I also broke the left side mirror So assessing the damage here is what I think I need: left side headlight bracket, headlight housing, left side mirror.

I know that many of you switch out parts. I’d like to see if I can mitigate the costs somewhat and wanted to check and see if anyone had these parts ( left bracket and hardware, headlight bucket, or left side mirror) that they would be willing to sale.

Thanks guys
(Ps I am planning on taking it in to have it looked over, but I think I got off rather easy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very lucky man! Sliders next on my list for sure.

In a month or so I’ll have a headlight bucket available because I’m going to do the XSR900 mod that I’ve seen on here. Way better compact look. Maybe you could do the same. $24 bucks on partzilla (#16)
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2016/xsr900-xsr900gcs/headlight

Also may be a good time to remove those (ugly) compliance spacers between the bracket and headlight. Brogue Moto has some nice mounts too if you want to check them.

Sorry couldn’t help you out immediately. Overall looks like one of the best falls I’ve seen!

Jacob
Bike: 2018 XSR700, brushed aluminum
Mods & Gear: cappuccinomoto.com/moto

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jacob,
I tore it down a little bit today. It looks like one of the tabs on the bracket that the side brackets of the headlight assembly is bent. Not sure what to do about that.
Do you have a link to the 900 light conversion.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
What a pity going doing. Glad to hear, that you are well so far.

Having a look on the one picture you posted. In EU we do not have those black spacers. The lamp brackets are directly attached to the lamp.
Is ist possible to disassemble the unit, bend back the metal brackets and attach everything in place without those black spacers? Maybe glueing if the is something broken of the lamp cup, double washer and refitting with shorter screws?

Just my suggestion. Did you check your gear lever and the foot rests?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts