XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks- wondering who has (truly!) waterproof side bags, ideally that have a quick release, around 25 liters, in size.
I’ve read a lot of reviews that show some bags aren’t actually waterproof so wondering what brands/products worked well for you. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this bag from Kriega (OS-18) with a quick release adaptor, but you can have the same adaptor in a US-20 or Us-30 bag. All are waterproof...the rack is the OEM from Yamaha for the xsr 700.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks- wondering who has (truly!) waterproof side bags, ideally that have a quick release, around 25 liters, in size.
I’ve read a lot of reviews that show some bags aren’t actually waterproof so wondering what brands/products worked well for you. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Most (or some) bags have waterproof inner bags, if the bags themselves are not waterproof. Maybe there's a trade off in terms of price and convenience.

I have SW Motech Blaze soft saddlebags (with waterproof inner bags). I don't use the bags very often, hence I can remove the holders/rack/arms when not in use which I think improves aestetics.

Questions to pnbras:
1) What engine protection have you installed?
2) What the purpose of the elastic net in front? Improvised tank bag? :)

Ride safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts