XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My XSR is just over a year old, I had the first service done at 6 weeks and now its a year later and I've only done 1,600 miles. I called the dealership (who is unfortunately closing this week!) to ask about servicing/warranty but they were rather vague about what to do.

They would charge £150 for the service but I was wondering how it would effect the warranty if I went to an independent garage.....and they used Yamaha parts and oil? The service book is very vague to, it states I should be having an annual check rather than a service?

All advice greatly appreciated. Craig

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
If the service is carried out according to the schedule and fluids of equivalent quality are used, it shouldn't matter whether you go to an independent or a main dealer.Warranty claims (unlikely for this bike anyway due to its proven reliability) only require you to show that the bike has been properly serviced. Personally, at your mileage, I wouldn't bother doing either! I'd save myself some cash and live dangerously in terms of warranty.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
As long as it's a VAT registered company and not a backstreet cowboy garage you'll be fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
As long as it's a VAT registered company and not a backstreet cowboy garage you'll be fine.
Thought Triumph it wouldn't be, quite how they manage that with the EU's rules I don't know.

I'd ask for something to show that they used Yamaha bits, even if in reality all Yamaha do is re-badge somebody else's components, and double the price.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I service my own bikes and lets be honest you will probably never use the warranty with this bike being reliable.

chances are if something goes wrong it will be a pretty straight forward fix and cost less than paying for the services!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts