XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo to community!
I have been on the forum since decided to choose for first bike xsr700.
Xsr was choosen because it gives me possibility to modify it, without having engineer education and knowledge.
Slowly my bike get modified, and today i received a solo seat.
When new seat was installed, i found that bike looks as it missing something.
The place, where supposed to be a passenger or the ruck is empty, and in my opinion, gap between a solo seat and a backlight, visually is too large. I know, that many guys, take a rear fender off, but i want to keep it on, and alsough i not planed to use a rear rack.
I did some picture of my bike (sorry for quality) and want to hear some comments.
Which of the following variants you would choose?

Second variant placed together just for getting the idea. (Another second-hand rear fender can be modified to get that looks)
Best regards from Latvia.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's an opportunity, not a problem. Before I took a sawzall to the subframe I would instead build a clever emergency kit for (1) people, (2) tires, (3) core tools. All three could help you live longer & happy.

Just $0.01 cents

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
116 Posts
And you might as well take those rear pegs off, thats 1/2 the gain of having a solo seat.
Keeping the rear end cleaner/simpler.
Undeniably, a stubby rear looks good.

1) I have a wife, and daughter.
2) They like to take a ride on the back a few times a summer each...
3) The longer rear keeps rain at bay slightly better too.
So, no solo conversion for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As Skelee says I'd go for the yam rear rack. Before I changed mine to a stubby back end I had the solo seat and rack and it did fill the gap perfectly and made it look much better. Maybe get a 2nd hand one and try it before you start cutting! You can always sell the rack on if it doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd get the rear oem rack, it's tiny, looks good, and fits the space. Otherwise if that was a no you could easily remove the sub frame, but not sure how'd you secure the oem rear fender.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the solo seat and have taken the rear rack off. My mudguard is being held up by an evotech tail tidy which bolts to the frame. I’ll take a picture when I get back to my baby and post it here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts