XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

So - after 5 years or so owning & customizing my XSR I'm ready for a change! I've seen a good Triumph Speed Triple 1050 for sale at a dealer second hand.

Before I go in & ask their 'opinion' on a part ex value of mine - have any UK forum members been in a similar position & if so, what sort of values were you getting? It's in good condition (a few small scratches on the aluminum tank) and 7k miles..

I just don't want to get robbed by a dealer!

I'd need to go part ex as my bike is fitted with a thumb brake for disability - so I'd get them to swap it to the new bike as part of the deal.

Any help will be gratefully received thanks

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
I traded in my '16plate XSR, mileage similar to yours, for £4300 a few months ago. The dealer said the book price was less than that but he was confident he could sell it quickly for about £5500. I was hoping for a private sale at about £4750 but there were no takers. Don't expect to get anything back for customisations that you've done. Good luck!

PS I was offered £4000 as a trade in by another main dealer. The difference in cost between two main dealers for the overall deal (XSR to Tenere) was £500, so it's worth shopping around.

·
Registered
54 Posts
all depends where you live, the value of the Speed Triple and how desperate the dealer is for a sale.
my local Yamaha dealer is tight as a fishes arse, never gives discount of offers extras as a sweetener, Yamaha dealer 45 miles away is the same but the dealer 30 miles away is the complete opposite… if they offer shit money try selling it privately

1 - 4 of 4 Posts