XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're like me and want to keep the running light feature on the motorcycle when switching to LED's i will tell you it's incredibly easy to do.. you just have to find a blinker genie (I'll post a screenshot of the ones i bought). Additionally to your led lights.

They come with connectors but i decided to solder and heat shrink for a better connection and stock look.

Here's a video i recorded for showing how it looks:

1. The Blinker Genie running light wiring:
    Screenshot_20200323-145327.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the post, I just installed TST LEDs and actually wanted them to act as running lights like you did.
If I understand correctly the circuit, with the blinker genie, it's a plug-n-play on one end, which goes to your TST LEDS, while the other hand, you have to solder it?
Where though, i'm not quite getting into which wire I should tap the genie.

Thanks Fam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post, I just installed TST LEDs and actually wanted them to act as running lights like you did.
If I understand correctly the circuit, with the blinker genie, it's a plug-n-play on one end, which goes to your TST LEDS, while the other hand, you have to solder it?
Where though, i'm not quite getting into which wire I should tap the genie.

Thanks Fam
Hey!. Well the LED lights will connect to the blinker genie, the genie comes with bare wires on one end and the stock harness connectors that plugs into the motorcycle on the other end. You can strip the wires and use butt connectors, any kind of wire connectors or solder it like i did. The blinker genie has matching color wires with the tst lights (black and yellow). So just put the matching colors together and after that you only have to plug it to the motorcycle wich like i said, the other end of the genie comes with the yamaha stock connectors to the lights harness.

Any questions just shoot me a text and I'll answer asap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts