XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking for the turn signal relay on a 2022 XSR700. Everywhere I look online says it's behind the voltage regulator cover (left side).
I took a picture of what is behind there. While there is a relay in the location that online sources suggest, if I unplug it, the turn signals still work correctly. So this can't be the correct relay.
I am installing the Yoshimura kit that included a plug n play relay. This connector would be a small 2 pin connector. I cannot even find a connector like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the video. I have seen that one, and is wjere my problem lies. I have a relay in the location in the video but is not plug and play like it should be. In addition, that is the relay I can unplug either the relay or the connector and the turns signals/hazards still work properly. So that leads me to believe it's not tje flasher relay.

· Registered
78 Posts
To be honest it already sounds like you’ve done your homework. It’s there on my 2016. How bizarre. The only thing otherwise I’ve found so far is this: https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/61a4cf01855d4611ac4440c1/electrical-1. Parts 28 and 30 are relay assemblies by the look.

Could have it been modded before at all?
You’ve probably gathered I’m not too good at this stuff, but I’ll keep asking around and see what we can find. Good luck.

· Registered
187 Posts
Hi,
the relays are there on the older models but I'm pretty sure the wiring got updated on the newer models.
If I were you I'd be looking for your model specific (2022) wiring diagram and I bet you find your relay..

· Registered
'22
79 Posts
Considering the front indicaters have moved to the radiator shrouds in 2022, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved the relay too, in an effort to keep the wiring harness as compact as possible.

· Registered
327 Posts
@kimchiyuk - There is the issue, stop believing what you read from a seller. ;) Your '22 already HAS LED turn signals, so you don't need the flasher. The flasher upgrade is only for incandescent bulb bikes. The only incandescent bulb on a 2022 XSR is the license plate light. I also have a '22. Buy the factory shop manual if you're going to work on your bike, it solves a lot of questions like this when you can just look it up. And yes, I do have the FSM. @hombacher is correct on both counts. Page 8-38 outlines testing of the relays on the '22 model and shows only three relays, Starting circuit, fuel pump and Radiator Fan motor.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, one more question. I purchased the Yoshimura sequential turn signals. When installed and the turn signal switch is activated, the turn signals blink once and that's it. The little bit I've read from other posts is that they need a constant 12V to work correctly, but they include a relay so this doesn't make sense to me. Any ideas on this one?
Current info if this helps:
All OEM signals plugged in - all work correctly
Unplug one OEM plug on same side, the one plugged in works but flashes more quickly.
One OEM and one Yoshimura light one same side, both with blink once and stop.
All Yoshimura turn signals plugged in - will blink once and stop

· Registered
327 Posts
From the Yoshimura website: HERE

Yoshimura Diode kit may be required when using LED turn signals. (sold separately) If you have a single-bulb turn signal indicator, Diode kit is required for proper turn signal operation. Diode Kit is designed to remedy turn signal issues where the turn signal light stays illuminated and does not flash as a result of switching to LEDs.

A diode kit is not the same as a relay. You may have to contact Yoshimura - US and ask them about the diode kit. The link on their website doesn't work and it's not listed in their offerings, at least that I could find.

There is a possibility that it's a resistance value issue. Too much or too little on the Yosh parts. There is also a possibility that no one has done it on a US '22 XSR with no factory relay. Maybe even that the Yosh parts are simply not intended for use on a moto that already has LED signals...

Good luck and post back what you learn or how you get them to work correctly. Very cool parts, just not something I felt I could budget for when the bike already had LED signals.

edit - Duh, it maybe as simple as the ECU is sending pulses of current and the Yosh is expecting solid 12V. I'm not sure that's a solvable problem short of wiring in a new circuit with the Yosh LED flasher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts