XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought one of these?
I’m looking for an exhaust system that isn’t too loud, and doesn’t break the bank. Just enough to actually hear the bike while I’ve got ear plugs in.

I like the look of the Toro exhaust, and the TEC exhaust. But heard that the TEC is really quite loud and I know that I won’t like it because of the noise.

anyone got a video of the sound of the Toro?
White Product Font Line Bicycle part

·
Registered
537 Posts
The picture shows something similar to the Akrapovic race line. These Akras are mostly used as a fully open exhaust for race tracks. And others who want to entertain their neighbourhood.

Anyhow, a little pricy for a China product...

·
Registered
XSR700 Garage-Metal Grey
5 Posts
unpopular opinion The Toro sounds like a chainsaw, which doesn't want to start, the stock exhaust sounds more free-flowing. But that's just my point of view.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hate to say it, but without the baffle it sounds like a bike that would even make me angry at the loud intrusive sound. Not at all enjoyable for a fellow motorcyclist and very offensive to those who aren't motorcyclists.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only without the BB Killer it does sound really good ( a bit too loud, but nice) - with the DB killer the sound is just terrible, worse than stock.

·
Registered
XSR700 Garage-Metal Grey
5 Posts
Taking the DB killer out the exhaust end tip might be legal (or not persecuted) in some regions of this earth, but take it out here in Switzerland or Germany and you can walk home, if you get checked by the omnipresent police. Taking the DB killer out causes your bike to lose its homologation and thus the legality to be driven around, as it is too loud.
On the other hand, I don't need a overly loud exhaust banging my eardrums on a long, comfy ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts