XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm going to do a trip with my girl and I'm about to buy a Top Case, Saddle bag and also the racks.

Is it possible to ride with passenger and side bags?
There is space for the legs and feet?

What's you experience?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Possible? yes; comfortable? maybe! There isn't a lot of room for a pillion + luggage on the XSR, compared to, say, the Tracer 700. If you're looking at a multi day trip then your pillion might struggle a bit. If it's just a couple of days, she should be ok, assuming she is fairly petite! Side bags are designed with a pillion in mind and the top case gives some back support and a feeling of security for a pillion (my wife won't go on a bike without a top box).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possible? yes; comfortable? maybe! There isn't a lot of room for a pillion + luggage on the XSR, compared to, say, the Tracer 700. If you're looking at a multi day trip then your pillion might struggle a bit. If it's just a couple of days, she should be ok, assuming she is fairly petite! Side bags are designed with a pillion in mind and the top case gives some back support and a feeling of security for a pillion (my wife won't go on a bike without a top box).

It's a 7 day trip around 1500km.
I know it isn't the perfect bikefor touring but it's the bike I own and we really want to do this trip.

Ty for the help

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you're both on the smaller size, it might be fine. You've got a reasonable amount of distance for your days, so take breaks and enjoy the stops along the way. Consider if there is room for a back pad on the top box for her. If there isn't enough space, maybe a piece of camp pad foam. Perhaps unnecessary if her riding jacket has back armor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts