XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm arod. I just joined today. I have a? For the electrically savvy my bike was vandalized with fire and some of the wiring harness took the brunt of it. Can i cut out the charred pieces and install my own wiring? Will it run or will the new wires cause the brain to misread the signals??
16264062172478706348997333238058.jpg
16264062500734787304947640726581.jpg

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi @Arod ,

sure, you can build, crimp and solder your own wiring loom. Blue frame looks like a FZ or MT, why not search for a used but complete wiring loom?

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L
Hi @Arod ,

sure, you can build, crimp and solder your own wiring loom. Blue frame looks like a FZ or MT, why not search for a used but complete wiring loom?

BR
hombacher
Thank u sir i will continue to rewire it and try it for myself. Y cut the baited hook off of my pole before i put it in the water?

·
Registered
629 Posts
If it's on a bus of any type, I'd keep the wire the same length and gauge if possible. That way the signal will travel at the same speed. I've done it before and had issues when I changed the length too much.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If it's on a bus of any type, I'd keep the wire the same length and gauge if possible. That way the signal will travel at the same speed. I've done it before and had issues when I changed the length too much.
As far as known, only between ECU and speedometer is CAN bus comm. Other wiring is good old Japanese cable standard, even that he wires feel much thinner than known from the past. Should be something about 0,75mm² cable cross-section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts