XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it is almost that time for me to change out the tires. The stock tires are fine, but I feel there is something better out there for canyon riding. What do you guys/gals use?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I´m very happy with the stock Phantoms, didn't have a fright yet.
But if you like to try something like sport toruing tyres look for the Michelin Road Pilot 4 or Pirelli Diablo Rosso II.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got the xsr.. I ride nothing but canyons. Used to ride several other bikes of each genre. Phantoms scared the sh*t out of me. Take it with a grain of salt as I literally have only one full tank of experience. But my choice of tire over the years became Pirelli Trail Attack II. I've used it in different bikes and couldn't be happier with them. Very predictable, gives a lot of feedback. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had Pirelli Angels on my SV650 and loved them. Really considered putting those on to replace the plastic gimmicky donuts that are called Phantoms.....Honestly the biggest improvement for the price is to swap those out. Now as for what you ride, where you ride, how you ride, everyone has their tastes and flavors and so on. I wanted to get some decent mileage, good cornering/carving and a smooth ride as my streets are TERRIBLE. and of course wet weather, not that I chose to ride in the rain. I ended up with ContiRoad attack 3s.. I have to say, they are freaking sweet. Couldn't be happier. Again, biggest improvement I have made so far. I bought it a year ago and I am at 4900 miles as of today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking for new tires, also for the same purpose: carving the twisties in the Appalachian hills around here. I am currently considering Michelin Road Pilots, Michelin Power 5s and Pirelli Diablo Rossi 3s and leaning towards the latter. Anyone have experience with this tire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for new tires, also for the same purpose: carving the twisties in the Appalachian hills around here. I am currently considering Michelin Road Pilots, Michelin Power 5s and Pirelli Diablo Rossi 3s and leaning towards the latter. Anyone have experience with this tire?
The Pirellis Rosso 3s are a pretty good all-round tyre but if you are looking for something extra for hard riding on twisty roads then the Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's are worth a look. I have them on my XSR700 at the moment and the dry and wet grip is fantastic (just stay off the last part of the shoulder when its very wet).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts