XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

After 14 600 km on stock Phantoms it is time for new tires. My phantoms are still in ok condition because i don't ride fast, but the autumn is here in Croatia and i don't feel safe in wet conditions on them at all.

My first choice were Michelin Road 5, but I will ride 85/15 so I've decided to try out the dual-sport tires.
After much research and talking to people I decided to narrow down the selection to these 2.

Michelin Anakee Adventure
Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR

I found many reviews and XSR owners' opinions on Scoripons tires but i can't find any on Anakee Adventures.
I've read and heard that Scorpions don't last and that Anakee are more durable and will last longer.

Does anyone have Anakee Adventure on XSR? Will they even fit on XSR 700?
I am confused because on Michelin selector i can't even select them. These are the dimensions i've found to buy in EU

Thank you,

Have a nice day!

·
Super Moderator
773 Posts
The Anakees should fit the XSR- they're available in 120/70R17 58V (front) and 180/55R17 73V (rear), which is perfect.
Have you thought about Scorpion Trail 11s? They're more road focused than the Anakees or the STRs but they'll be OK on gravel too. I used them on my XSR for muddy winter roads and loose surfaces.

Anything will be an improvement after the Phantoms!

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Anakees should fit the XSR- they're available in 120/70R17 58V (front) and 180/55R17 73V (rear), which is perfect.
Have you thought about Scorpion Trail 11s? They're more road focused than the Anakees or the STRs but they'll be OK on gravel too. I used them on my XSR for muddy winter roads and loose surfaces.

Anything will be an improvement after the Phantoms!
Thanks so much. Yeah, i've looked soo many tires in the last few days that i am going crazy. For me, it would be perfect to have Michelin Pilot road 5 during summer on higher temeperatures and for traveling, and something like this for autumn and winter and offroad....but i can't afford that.

I am definitely decided to go with Scorpion Rally or Anakee Adventure

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts