XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I suspect the main advantage is that you cannot ride off with it still fitted (unlike a disc lock)... disadvantage of leaving the bike for extended periods with it locked on, is the possibility of the pads sticking and binding on..

Probably fine for occasional use against opportunistic thieves but not really a good security deterrent as thieves will just lift the front and walk off with the bike or simply snap the lock ...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks pretty good.. I found a video of another one, could be very similar ? Could potentially chew up grips (if you have thicker grips on)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Cut the front hose and go with the bike"

ah, never thought of that, still should work as a deterrent to stop the casual thief from having a go.
the bike has an immobilizer so they shouldn't be able to ride the bike off, but i want something to stop them jamming a screwdriver in the ignition switch and damaging it only to discover it wont work.

Thanks for the advice

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Guys did anyone of you buy this? I was just wondering if it is small enough to be carried everywhere everytime under the seat, and also I'm a bit worried because I feel it will "break" the brake and ruin it (and scratch the throttle). Brake isn't made to be left in tension for long periods of time and I wouldn't mind having my brake lever being cycling bad.
Also, I was thinking about buying this because I don't like the idea of the disc lock or carrying around a big heavy (and unwatchable xD) chain to lock my bike.
What you guys think? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts